By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee Kickstarter is Live Now and Reached All Goals in 24 Hours (Banjo-Kazooie Spiritual Successor)

Its already at around 150k xD

Around the Network

So their streach goal for WiiU, Ps4 and Xbox One is actually the same!

This will reach the goals in no time.

We need more goals!!! 100k Reached under 15min!

We need Amiibos :p

I hope it reaches all the stretch goals, but it's a lot of money.

Around the Network

Tell me guys.... Is this the rebirth of Rare?

"Following underwhelming sales of Kinect Sports Rivals and Microsoft's announcement that the Kinect would no longer take priority, several people have left the company.[32] On 10 February 2015, a group of former Rare employees announced the formation of a new studio named Playtonic Games, planning a "spiritual successor" to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise with the working title of Yooka-Laylee. " - wiki

So... basically f*** kinect and lets go back to our roots and make Banjo-Kazooie type games (instead of kinect type ones).

Goodnightmoon said:
celador said:
Not a fan of the character designs, look pretty outdated. I guess this game is expected to reach all stretch goals just for mentioning Banjo Kazooie

Look it on movement. This is what they have done on 3 months of delevolpement. It looks great.

I've watched their video on the funding page. It looks nice generally, but the main design just doesn't appeal that much.

Pre-final boss quiz show challenge will be soooooo damn good. Grunty's Furnace Fun was arguably the best level in Banjo Kazooie.

And maaaaaaaan, Jungle World is so Banjo Kazooie!

The hype for this game sure is insane. Using Rare as a nostalgia point sure has worked very well for them.

Anyway, since it's being funded so rapidly I shall wait until the PS4 version drops and play it then. Hope it lives up to all the expectation for it!

tbone51 said:
We need more goals!!! 100k Reached under 15min!

We need Amiibos :p

Wont happen, but I wouldnt entirely rule out them partnering with somone to make thier own amiibo/skylanders/infinty figures.

I mean shit as nostalgic as all us old people are for this it also appeals to the kids that play games like Skylanders. I mean we were those kids a long time ago... albeit we had much superior games like Banjo :P