By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worst Pokemon Region (main series)

Which Pokemon Region Do You Like Least?

Kanto 15 8.02%

Johto 12 6.42%

Hoenn 34 18.18%

Sinnoh 32 17.11%

Unova B/W 50 26.74%

Unova B2/W2 17 9.09%

Kalos 26 13.90%

Total:186
Cloudman said:
KyleeStrutt said:
Hoenn.

Gen III is also the worst.

Come at me.

I whole-hearted agree. The series fell to the bottom from 3...

Lol wut?

Hoenn was fantastic as it offered a variety of new towns with interesting concepts and the tropical/nature predominance was much more interesting than Kanto and Johto's industrial locales. 

OT: Unova. That region and Gen V is just meh to me.

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
Cloudman said:
BlowoverKing said:

And you like Johto???!!! You couldn't possibly be more dead to me.

You got 2 sworn enemies now, bub.... >: )

Now obviously my reaction has been hyperbolic and everyone has their opinions but I must get this off my chest. I just can't comprehend why anyone who has played more than just the first two generations can say Johto (or Kanto for that matter) is THE best region. Other than nostalgia of course. 

Johto only has 10 towns, little variation in landscapes (like deserts, jungle, swamps, volcanoes, etc.), Pokemon variation in Johto proper is lacking, level curve is piss poor (I can't stand that my Pokemon are barely at level 40 by the Elite 4), and team rocket was an absolute joke.

I still like the games of course but after playing through awesome regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh, Johto just can't compare. Rant over lol

Haha, that`s fine! Thanks for sharing. I like hearing different opinions and having discussions on games. It may help me notice some of the fault I let slip by due to me just not noticing them myself. You do make a point that Johto is lacking in variety, even the whole area being very small when you see the whole thing spread out. Most of the region is just grass and trees, aside from an island. I guess it`s understandable though, due to the limitations of the GB. GBA and up made it more possible to have differing areas like the ones you note.

As for pokemon variety, I don`t really know what to say about it. It had a mix of pokemon from gen 1 and 2 mixed in there, mostly it being gen 2 ones, and I really liked that. And I really liked Team Rocket. It was interesting to see how they were function after Red had taken out their whole team in the previous game. It was cool to see what became of them. It`s likely nostalgia, but I like Team Rocket the best out of all the evil groups.

I have played all the games fron the beginning to now, but Johto still stands as my favorite. My biggest grip with the Gen 3 and up is the transition from 2 and beyond. Of course, I fell in love with the series with its first game, and gen 2 felt like a good sequel, adding a lot of new features, such as breeding, new types, Day/Night, the pokegear, Kanto also being accessable, and the new pokemon. I loved all these things about it. Then Gen 3 came around and took all those things out, only to have double battles, contests, and the pokemon designs which I didn`t really like.

There were other things that irked me about Hoenn, like the music and the visuals. I thought the music sounded bad and wasn`t as great as the previous games. I didn`t like the look of the new game either. It just felt off to me. Plus, I didn`t really like the designs of the gym leaders.

But yeah, that`s how I stand with Hoenn. The games after did do a bit more, but it didn`t feel like the things I loved so much from Gen 2. I like Gen 2 for all the things it added, and hate Gen 3 for how much they took away.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

InnocentSin said:
Cloudman said:

I whole-hearted agree. The series fell to the bottom from 3...

Lol wut?

Hoenn was fantastic as it offered a variety of new towns with interesting concepts and the tropical/nature predominance was much more interesting than Kanto and Johto's industrial locales. 

OT: Unova. That region and Gen V is just meh to me.

I will say that Hoenn had some good things going for it that I can appreciate, but I have a lot of personal gripes with Ruby/Sapphire for disliking it the most.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Unova/B/W

But it still gave us Reuniclus. My favorite Pokemon ever.

Probably a tie between Sinnoh and Unova.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

its a tough one for me. I like all regions and generations. But i would say Kanto is my least fave because its not that special aside from the cave where mewtwo is.

Sinnoh is far the worst in my opinion (not really bad, but still the worst).

can't decide... hoenn has too much surfing, I hate snow irl so having to deal with it in game made me hate sinnoh... Unova sucks.... well I think I just decided lol.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

My order, from best to worst:

Kanto
Kalos
Johto
Hoenn
Unova
Sinnoh

Having said that the top three are all pretty interchangable. Might even put Kalos on top, infact. But yeah, Unova and Sinnoh are easily the weakest.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm confused about what the Pokémon fanbase thinks is the best region.. I guess there's no real general opinion. I always thought that a LOT of people liked Hoenn the best but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. At least not here.