By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would Nintendo benifit the most from releasing in China?

Tagged games:

Do you think they'd be more popular than the other 2 there?

Yes 43 44.79%

No 24 25.00%

Possibly 29 30.21%

Total:96
Anfebious said:
97alexk said:
Anfebious said:
China has a restriction on how many games you own per console so the low amount of games the Wii U has would make it the best choice for chinese gamers. Less options is not always bad.

Wii U doesnt have low amount of games though. So idk how it work out

The Wii U has a lesser pool of games than the PS4 or the Xbox One (this is a fact). Chinese gamers can only play a small amount of videogames per console. Therefore the smaller library of games makes the Wii U the best choice for chinese gamers, it's simple logic.

Well the thing is, the Wii U has more first party titles then ps4 and xbox one, but not third parties, but all those games ps4 and xbox one has are considered too mature or too violent and not appropiate in the chinese market therefor they got banned, like call of duty, so nintendos third party would be much better and they have plenty of those that could go through

Around the Network

I doubt it.

The Chinese government seems to be very strict about video games in general.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Anfebious said:
97alexk said:
Anfebious said:
China has a restriction on how many games you own per console so the low amount of games the Wii U has would make it the best choice for chinese gamers. Less options is not always bad.

The Wii U has a lesser pool of games than the PS4 or the Xbox One (this is a fact). Chinese gamers can only play a small amount of videogames per console. Therefore the smaller library of games makes the Wii U the best choice for chinese gamers, it's simple logic.

No, actually it's not logical at all. You're statement actually has a few logical fallacies in it, with one of them being a common one known as "Begging the question" and it occurs when an arguement uses circular reasoning. And an arguement is circular if its premise assumes that its central point is already proven and uses this in support of itself. Your cental point is that the Wii U will have a lesser pool of games available for Chinese consumers (in other words you assume its already proven or will be proven in this case) when in fact you don't know that to be true. The Wii U might very well have a greater pool to choose from because of the content of its library compared to the PS4 and Xbox One. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the Wii U will be a good or bad choice for Chinese consumers.

I think it really comes down to the types of games the Chinese audience has an affinity for.

No, nobody plays kid friendly games in China.

The Japanese don't like the Wii U. I don't see the Chinese going crazy over it.

That and I think Chinese game tastes actually allign more with Western games ... they like the violent shooters and what not. 

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Soundwave said:

I think Chinese ... they like the violent shooters and what not. 

So...they like playing something that is outright baned?  How exactly are they playing them then?

I'm just going by their tastes in movies ... seems like they basically like the same type of things Americans do. I don't think they're into mascot/family friendly type stuff. I think NBA 2K or a racing game would have more appeal to the average Chinese gamer than most of Nintendo's mascot catalog. The "kawaii" culture that is in Japan doesn't really exist to the same extent in China. 

Anfebious said:
97alexk said:
Anfebious said:

How are they monitoring how many games each person has though? Random house checks lol?

It depends on too many things to give an easy answer.

(the most important question) Do chinese gamers like games that are similar to nintendo's library of games? 

Are the laws restricting the chinese gamers effectively enforced? As in do the majority of chinese gamers have forbidden games in spite of the law?

Does it really matter if a game is approved by the chinese government or not if that's the case?

Tbh, I don't really see anyone benefiting from it at this point.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Anfebious said:
97alexk said:
Anfebious said:

That only matters if chinese gamers obey those laws on how many games they can own and which games they can own. They can order games online and buy games in Hong Kong from what i understand.