By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would Nintendo benifit the most from releasing in China?

Tagged games:

Do you think they'd be more popular than the other 2 there?

Yes 43 44.79%

No 24 25.00%

Possibly 29 30.21%

Total:96

You people don't understand the lure of the forbidden fruit.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
97alexk said:
Anfebious said:
China has a restriction on how many games you own per console so the low amount of games the Wii U has would make it the best choice for chinese gamers. Less options is not always bad.

Wii U doesnt have low amount of games though. So idk how it work out

The Wii U has a lesser pool of games than the PS4 or the Xbox One (this is a fact). Chinese gamers can only play a small amount of videogames per console. Therefore the smaller library of games makes the Wii U the best choice for chinese gamers, it's simple logic.

You know what's also a fact? The fact that all you practically get on the PS4 and Xbox One right now are remasters. There are not enough exclusives on it. Definitely not as many as you can get pn the Wii U! :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

It would make sense that Nintendo's games might be less censored, but China is very focused on PC MMORPG and MOBA type games, so we cannot be sure if they would be attracted to Nintendo's style.

And, of course, we don't know Chinese government's stance on Italians, cuddly reptiles or elves.

Paatar said:

You know what's also a fact? The fact that all you practically get on the PS4 and Xbox One right now are remasters. There are not enough exclusives on it. Definitely not as many as you can get on the Wii U! :D

What about it? They count as games too so I don't understand why you decided to use that as your argument. It's weak and doesn't discredit what I said.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Paatar said:

You know what's also a fact? The fact that all you practically get on the PS4 and Xbox One right now are remasters. There are not enough exclusives on it. Definitely not as many as you can get on the Wii U! :D

What about it? They count as games too so I don't understand why you decided to use that as your argument. It's weak and doesn't discredit what I said.

Point is, you can't use "no games on Wii U" when actually the amount of games on the Wii U compared to the PS4 and Xbox One is not that much lower. Not as low as you are claiming. However, it does prove that the quality of the Wii U is higher than both those others.

Around the Network
Paatar said:

Point is, you can't use "no games on Wii U" when actually the amount of games on the Wii U compared to the PS4 and Xbox One is not that much lower. Not as low as you are claiming. However, it does prove that the quality of the Wii U is higher than both those others.

I never said the Wii U has no games. I said it has less quantity of games on it's library when you compare it to the PS4 and Xbox one. I'm not talking about quality.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Paatar said:

I never said the Wii U has no games. I said it has less quantity of games on it's library when you compare it to the PS4 and Xbox one. I'm not talking about quality.

Nowhere did I state you were talking about quality? :)

I just added in my argument that it has more quality. :)

Paatar said:

Nowhere did I state you were talking about quality? :)

I just added in my argument that it has more quality. :)

So you derailed my conversation in an attempt to make me shut up. I must say, well played.

End of discussion.

Anfebious said:
97alexk said:
Anfebious said:
China has a restriction on how many games you own per console so the low amount of games the Wii U has would make it the best choice for chinese gamers. Less options is not always bad.

Wii U doesnt have low amount of games though. So idk how it work out

The Wii U has a lesser pool of games than the PS4 or the Xbox One (this is a fact). Chinese gamers can only play a small amount of videogames per console. Therefore the smaller library of games makes the Wii U the best choice for chinese gamers, it's simple logic.

It's logic that is so simple to the point of being ridiculous. If the Chinese are only allowed to play a small handful of games per console, and each game must go through a strainful testing and censoring process from the government, it doesn't matter whether consoles have libraries of hundreds of games, or which console has more. It only matters which console has the most games that would get the government's thumb's up and appeal to consumers. The Wii U would likely have an easier time of this than other consoles because of its library of nonoffensive, uncontroversial games that have mass appeal and are of high quality.

"The console with the fewest games wins!"

Yeah, right.

burninmylight said:

It's logic that is so simple to the point of being ridiculous. If the Chinese are only allowed to play a small handful of games per console, and each game must go through a strainful testing and censoring process from the government, it doesn't matter whether consoles have libraries of hundreds of games, or which console has more. It only matters which console has the most games that would get the government's thumb's up and appeal to consumers. The Wii U would likely have an easier time of this than other consoles because of its library of nonoffensive, uncontroversial games that have mass appeal and are of high quality.

"The console with the fewest games wins!"

Yeah, right.

Actually the fact that the PS4 and the Xbox One has a bigger lirbary of games makes them more likely to have more games that the goverment approves. But you have a point though, Nintendo has more games aimed at kids that would make it more likely for the chinese goverment to accept more Wii U games than the other consoles.

That would hold true if the chinese goverment approved kids games. Judging by their decisions you can't be sure that is the case so your whole point is invalid.