By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Wii U surpassed that E3 2011 Zelda teaser yet?

Has it been topped yet, visually?

Yes 173 45.05%

No 211 54.95%

Total:384

I can not believe people really believe tech demo is impressive.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
I can not believe people really believe tech demo is impressive.

Zelda level production levels can only be matched by another Zelda. Zelda U looks amazing, but it's hard to see that for some people because it uses a different art style.

Zelda level production levels can only be matched by another Zelda. Zelda U looks amazing, but it's hard to see that for some people because it uses a different art style.

I don't think so. I still wish they made Zelda U look like this.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
I don't think so. I still wish they made Zelda U look like this.

Most of it potential audience do, I expect.

chapset said:
nope, Dunno why they changed the art style. Maybe they pulled an Ubisoft-EA-Sony-Microsoft... and used a pc to show us that footage

Actually, as far as we know, it ran on a prototype WiiU from 2011 which was actually weaker than the current WiiU.

Honestly, I've watched that thing multipled times over the years and the visual bar just frankly isn't that high. It lacks aliasing, the textures are nice but nothing mind blowing, geometry issues are present throughout. There's nice shaders and lighting and some good particles, but all the good aspects of the demo are offset by the fact this is a single room. Any hd system post-2006 can put together a lovely looking isolated room.  but even so, the main beauty is the presentation, not so much the technical achievements.  I frankly find the incredibly dense grass in the new Zelda far more impressive than any one given aspect of this trailer (not going to argue over which Zelda looks better).

Nuvendil said:

Honestly, I've watched that thing multipled times over the years and the visual bar just frankly isn't that high. It lacks aliasing, the textures are nice but nothing mind blowing, geometry issues are present throughout. There's nice shaders and lighting and some good particles, but all the good aspects of the demo are offset by the fact this is a single room. Any hd system post-2006 can put together a lovely looking isolated room.  but even so, the main beauty is the presentation, not so much the technical achievements.  I frankly find the incredibly dense grass in the new Zelda far more impressive than any one given aspect of this trailer (not going to argue over which Zelda looks better).

Yeah, rewatching some footage (based on some peoples judgements) there is nothing that this video has done that Bayo 2 has not done bigger and better. Some others that I would question is Need For Speed Most Wanted, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash Bros, and the ACTUAL Zelda U. 

I wonder what exactly is making these people vote no? Is there a reason? Is there something I'm not seeing in the Zelda tech demo that blows all these games away? Or was it just a clever move to add all of these visual effects in a single room and people just believe it's better.

I think people are looking back at this with rose coloured glasses simply because it was a Zelda 'reveal' and because it was 'realistic'.

It had its high points and was well directed but it's not really that impressive. Link's model, in particular, is a little lack luster.

I also find it interesting that the demo was down played at the time of release as being 7th gen-ish, yet now some claim it represents some unattainable standard. Not implying an agenda on anyone's behalf, it's just interesting.

Personally I think there are a number of games on the WiiU that look better.