By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Wii U surpassed that E3 2011 Zelda teaser yet?

Has it been topped yet, visually?

Yes 173 45.05%

No 211 54.95%

Total:384

Please, that zelda demo was nothing amazing. Sure, it looks much better than ps360 graphics but most nintendo exclusives on wii u surpass it.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
No, would of preferred they stuck with the original style than change it to what it is today.

They changed nothing because that's a demo for wii u, not zelda U in development. and zelda u completely crushes the demo's graphics.

DialgaMarine said:
Everytime a console is revealed, we always get tech demos showcasing the console's potential. Key being potential, because said tech demos are always just pre-rendered videos, which of course always look better than anything real time, even if it's in engine. Wii-U might get something close, maybe even from Zelda U, but I doubt anything on Wii-U will ever look that good.

That being said, I really wish they had stuck with the darker Zelda style from that footage. I still can't get on board with the brighter more colorful style.

Nintendo didn't show anything pre rendered and easily surpassed the demo's graphics.

Materia-Blade said:

Please, that zelda demo was nothing amazing. Sure, it looks much better than ps360 graphics but most nintendo exclusives on wii u surpass it.

True, lighting and reflections may not have been surpassed, but draw distance on other games, number of objects rendered, as well textures the game has surpassed the tech demo a long time ago. 

Yes easily. Mario 3d World did. Mario Kart 8 did. Zelda U does. Go look at it again and the fire on the torches was a simple effect that looks pretty bad now. many of the background textures on the walls and other objects were pretty low res. Sure the floor was shiny and reflective but so was the castle floor in The Last Story on Wii.

That demo was running on a older build of Wii U and it has a lot of glaring flaws. Peoples memory say it was amazing and it was in 2011 but now it is full of things that are pretty rough. The demo also used some blurring and tilt shift to hide some of it. Character models looks good but the room was rough.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Materia-Blade said:

True, lighting and reflections may not have been surpassed, but draw distance on other games, number of objects rendered, as well textures the game has surpassed the tech demo a long time ago. 

Even those things were surpassed. not that it's easy to compare since it's so shiny on every game that uses it. Bayonetta 2 is the best example for lighting and reflections. Besides that, link's model in the demo isn't impressive. the shadow on his clothes are texture only, there's visible low polygon in many places and terrible detection on his arm.

Materia-Blade said:
NobleTeam360 said:
No, would of preferred they stuck with the original style than change it to what it is today.

They changed nothing because that's a demo fro wii u, not zelda U in development. and zelda u completely crushes the demo's graphics.

Whatever you say. 

My problem with the 2011 zelda show off is THAT'S what the Wii U is capable of. However Nintendo doesn't want to seem to utilize its full potential on ANY game atm

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Materia-Blade said:
bigtakilla said:

True, lighting and reflections may not have been surpassed, but draw distance on other games, number of objects rendered, as well textures games has surpassed the tech demo a long time ago. 

Even those things were surpassed. not that it's easy to compare since it's so shiny on every game that uses it. Bayonetta 2 is the best example for lighting and reflections. Besides that, link's model in the demo isn't impressive. the shadow on his clothes are texture only, there's visible low polygon in many places and terrible detection on his arm.

I did not know that. 

I remember people downplaying that demo claiming that those graphics were nothing special and most PS360 games looked like that. Now it's supposed to be some next gen wonder PS4 level graphics that the poor Wii U can't handle. I can name 10 games that look better and they've already been mentioned.