By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo Master Chief Collection has now made me a Halo fan.

tokilamockingbrd said:
too bad you did not enjoy these games when they were actually amazing. Back in the early 2000s when Halo 2 came out it was a technical marvel. It's online blew away everything else at that time. Halo 2 began the online era for consoles.

I think it is bittersweet it took until a point the when series is at a low point for you to finally catch on to it.

My point is, if it impressed you now imagine what it would have felt like to play this over 10 years ago, before CoD4.

I would claim the series hit its high with Halo4.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
too bad you did not enjoy these games when they were actually amazing. Back in the early 2000s when Halo 2 came out it was a technical marvel. It's online blew away everything else at that time. Halo 2 began the online era for consoles.

I think it is bittersweet it took until a point the when series is at a low point for you to finally catch on to it.

My point is, if it impressed you now imagine what it would have felt like to play this over 10 years ago, before CoD4.

Oh! The hate bandwagon H4 gets. Most of them couldn't even tell you why with a proper explanation.

Goatseye said:
Puppyroach said:

Oh! The hate bandwagon H4 gets. Most of them couldn't even tell you why with a proper explanation.

I am just glad it seems 343i will continue on the path they created with Halo4 :).

Puppyroach said:

I am just glad it seems 343i will continue on the path they created with Halo4 :).

I'm loving it as well. It seems like H5 will resemble Batman vs Superman; where Locke is this assassin/man with plans, against this seemingly omnipotent character(Chief).

I just hope they don't go the route of Bungie and make Chief like DC made Superman. A so powerful character that it becomes unrelatable to the fans.

Goatseye said:
Puppyroach said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

I can :p .  Well, actually I don't hate Halo 4.  I really liked the campaign.  It being a character centered story rather than just plot centered and having a bigger emphasis on ancient lore was great and refreshing.  It's the multiplayer that fell flat for me.  It just felt...awkward, like a clumsy middle ground between the heavier Halo and twitchier CoD.  I had the same issue with Killzone Shadowfall, which also stood in an uncomfortable middle ground.  There was less emphasis on map weapons and vehicles, it just felt like they tried to appease a different crowd but hamstrung what made Halo distinct to begin with.  I don't have an issue with all of it, Iike the special ability things like the boost and such.  It's just the overall experience was very men to me, especially compared to Halo 2 and 3.

Around the Network

I still need to pick up MCC, and probably playthrough the main series again, it's been a while, especially with Halo 3 and 4.

Nuvendil said:
Goatseye said:
Puppyroach said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

I can :p .  Well, actually I don't hate Halo 4.  I really liked the campaign.  It being a character centered story rather than just plot centered and having a bigger emphasis on ancient lore was great and refreshing.  It's the multiplayer that fell flat for me.  It just felt...awkward, like a clumsy middle ground between the heavier Halo and twitchier CoD.  I had the same issue with Killzone Shadowfall, which also stood in an uncomfortable middle ground.  There was less emphasis on map weapons and vehicles, it just felt like they tried to appease a different crowd but hamstrung what made Halo distinct to begin with.  I don't have an issue with all of it, Iike the special ability things like the boost and such.  It's just the overall experience was very men to me, especially compared to Halo 2 and 3.

Reach went down the CoD path and 343 didn't turn around they kept going. 

TheSting said:
Nuvendil said:

Reach went down the CoD path and 343 didn't turn around they kept going. 

That's a common misconception. Halo 4 MP is a continuation of Reach, it was not a brand new concept in Halo.

Goatseye said:

I'm loving it as well. It seems like H5 will resemble Batman vs Superman; where Locke is this assassin/man with plans, against this seemingly omnipotent character(Chief).

I just hope they don't go the route of Bungie and make Chief like DC made Superman. A so powerful character that it becomes unrelatable to the fans.

Exactly, I like how the story, besides having the overall mythos expanded upon, also told a personal story. And the prometheans are bad-ass I must say :).

Goatseye said:
Puppyroach said:

The hidden agenda ;)

For reeal though id say Halo 2/Halo 3 > Halo 4 > Halo Reach > Halo 1 In terms of multiplayer.  Halo 4 was really good but i dont like starting out with battlerifles/DMR.  The weapon spawns being ordinance drops i wasnt abig fan of either.  Other than that iw as excellent.  Luckily Halo 5 is returning with weapon spawns and no loadouts xD Woohoo!  Could honestly be the best halo yet

As for story id say Halo 4 > Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo 1 > Halo Reach.  Sorry, not a fan of Reach at all