By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo Master Chief Collection has now made me a Halo fan.

Tachikoma said:
why did it take you till MCC to realize it was a good franchise?

I always knew it was good, but it just wasnt for me when Bungie was at the helm. I had never played Halo 4 and forgot how good Halo 3 was. The remaster basically threw all of the games at me with remastered graphics, better sound and some games told the story better than others. 343 took the crown though with Halo 4. That was like the perfect game for everything to build up to. Halo 1 hyped me up for two and two had me at hello. From there I was hooked and the cinematics were amazing. I am primarily a Sony gamer (even though I play other consoles) so I love a great blend of story and gameplay. Halo 2 and 4 gave me what I craved on par with what I am used to from Sony, I didnt jump ship or anything but I am going to play both equally this gen if the exclusives are this great.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
man don't advertise this too much, otherwise Microsoft will release more classic games that require you to download 20gb to get the complete experience.

Seriously this release is the reason I have not bought an xbox one yet. Pissed me off when I had it all preordered and waiting.

I hope they redeem themselves with Halo 5.

Halo 5 looks like its going into 343's territory with Halo rather than Bungies. I love it!

I have high hopes for it for sure. I just hope MIcorsosft don't ruin it for me with some stupid idea not so much the developer.

Aeolus451 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Halo 4 is slightly different because of the newer developer. More indepth focus on story and the guns are much better.

What about multiplayer? I don't buy FPS for the story, honestly. 

It plays like Reach since they built Halo 4 off of Reaches engine, but Halo 5 looks even better. Look up Halo 5 gameplay videos.