By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo Master Chief Collection has now made me a Halo fan.

Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I am now a huge fan of Halo. Halo 4 sealed the deal. Halo 2 remastered was amazing, but Halo 4 was just the final nail in the coffin. I preordered Halo 5 with when I picked up MKX today. Good lord the game was amazing and the multiplayer is much more fun that I thought at first. A much better direction than the original trilogy. 343 is amazing.

Halo 4 is just a completely amazing game. 343i seems to be very good at storytelling and it ill hopefully continue with Halo 5 Guardians. And yes, it is Locke in Halo 2 :).

Yeah, 343 makes Bungie look like terrible on a story telling front. This is why I never thought Halo was that deep. The way Bungie told the story was so weak. There would be Halo fans who read the book who would tell me that the books are more expansive, but even though I understood that, its just has not been expressed deep enough until 343 took over.

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

True. Was that Locke who was hunting chief in Halo 2?

Yeah but it's not really a part of halo 2 just the anniversary.  

Yeah, MCC is just one big hype train for Halo 5. I swear to you, by the end of Halo 2 my body was ready.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Halo MCC is the reason I don't have an Xbox One.

Sorry to see that you feel that way. I bought it right after all the issues began to dissipate. 

tokilamockingbrd said:
too bad you did not enjoy these games when they were actually amazing. Back in the early 2000s when Halo 2 came out it was a technical marvel. It's online blew away everything else at that time. Halo 2 began the online era for consoles.

I think it is bittersweet it took until a point the when series is at a low point for you to finally catch on to it.

My point is, if it impressed you now imagine what it would have felt like to play this over 10 years ago, before CoD4.

I played the original trilogy when I was younger, but I just have always felt that Halo was missing a spark storywise. However cosmetic, Halo 2 fixed a lot of my issues with the original trilogy and Halo 4 was just....omg. 

busbfran said:
I Love halo so much when it came out played 1,2,3,4 in order loved them.

I played the remasters in order as well. Loved every minute of it. Halo 1 and 3 were my least favorites but Halo 2 and 4 were amazing.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
Nuvendil said:

I can :p .  Well, actually I don't hate Halo 4.  I really liked the campaign.  It being a character centered story rather than just plot centered and having a bigger emphasis on ancient lore was great and refreshing.  It's the multiplayer that fell flat for me.  It just felt...awkward, like a clumsy middle ground between the heavier Halo and twitchier CoD.  I had the same issue with Killzone Shadowfall, which also stood in an uncomfortable middle ground.  There was less emphasis on map weapons and vehicles, it just felt like they tried to appease a different crowd but hamstrung what made Halo distinct to begin with.  I don't have an issue with all of it, Iike the special ability things like the boost and such.  It's just the overall experience was very men to me, especially compared to Halo 2 and 3.

Reach went down the CoD path and 343 didn't turn around they kept going. 

Halo 4 was created off of the Reach engine. Halo 5 is the game that will play a little differently. The engine is coming into its own now.

Versus_Evil said:

most easiest

You just did that.

MCC (along with H5) is deffinitely on my must buy list when I eventually get an XBO. I wish they'd make a Gears collection as well though, not just a remake of GoW1.

Halos story and lore is actually quite good. Just badly told from Bungie.

That militaristic earth for example. Well, military feels pretty american at first. But it has become a militaristic state. You never got that in the games.
Halo 2, many people blamed for the stories, actually is pretty good in some points. The whole Arbiter part is about religion, fanatism and so on.
Bungie missed so many opportunities to tell the story in a better way...

P.S.: I didn't like Halo at first as well. But when i bought my 360 i borrowed some Xbox games from my cousin to test backwards compatiblity. One of those was Halo 2. And, well, it was great. Still is.

CleggaZ said:
Damn I've gotta get me some Xbox oneness at some point,FOR HALO!

The Halo trilogy builds up to Halo 4 decently but once you play Halo 4 with all the knowledge its over. The story has you. heh 343's storytelling abilities are on point. 

*Resist empathize with S.T.A.G.E. son, resist..*