By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo Master Chief Collection has now made me a Halo fan.

For me, this is a series that even with decline in quality (in my eyes, obviously, Halo 2 is yet to be beaten), it is still superb. I've loved every iteration aside from Reach which I consider a disgrace not only to the saga but to gaming itself. I'm hyped for H5.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
*Resist empathize with S.T.A.G.E. son, resist..*

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Puppyroach said:

Halo 4 is just a completely amazing game. 343i seems to be very good at storytelling and it ill hopefully continue with Halo 5 Guardians. And yes, it is Locke in Halo 2 :).

Yeah, 343 makes Bungie look like terrible on a story telling front. This is why I never thought Halo was that deep. The way Bungie told the story was so weak. There would be Halo fans who read the book who would tell me that the books are more expansive, but even though I understood that, its just has not been expressed deep enough until 343 took over.

And the scene in H2 with Master Chief, Arbiter and Gravemind, that remaster is so great :).

Also, the previous games, I felt, became even better when they fit into the larger saga that 343i is telling.

Wright said:

For me, this is a series that even with decline in quality (in my eyes, obviously, Halo 2 is yet to be beaten), it is still superb. I've loved every iteration aside from Reach which I consider a disgrace not only to the saga but to gaming itself. I'm hyped for H5.

Truer words have never been spoken. Microsoft has really built a great studio in 343. As I have always said about Microsoft. They would be better off if they would just make their own studios (and hire the best devs in the world) instead of paying people to do the work for them. 343's thrusted itself into the Halo universe at warp speed and revealed more in one game storywise than All four of the previous main Halo installments did before it. It has intrigue, emotion, and chief is somehow more human and relatable as a character. His reasons for going AWOL all the time are now founded and we can understand it rather than being left in the dark. He's now something more and greater than he's ever been.

Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, 343 makes Bungie look like terrible on a story telling front. This is why I never thought Halo was that deep. The way Bungie told the story was so weak. There would be Halo fans who read the book who would tell me that the books are more expansive, but even though I understood that, its just has not been expressed deep enough until 343 took over.

And the scene in H2 with Master Chief, Arbiter and Gravemind, that remaster is so great :).

Also, the previous games, I felt, became even better when they fit into the larger saga that 343i is telling.

Definitely, which brings me to this post....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=201970&page=1#

Around the Network
kinisking said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
too bad you did not enjoy these games when they were actually amazing. Back in the early 2000s when Halo 2 came out it was a technical marvel. It's online blew away everything else at that time. Halo 2 began the online era for consoles.

I think it is bittersweet it took until a point the when series is at a low point for you to finally catch on to it.

My point is, if it impressed you now imagine what it would have felt like to play this over 10 years ago, before CoD4.

He likes halo 4 more than the original trilogy. So halo isn't at a low point for him at all. Same as me. Halo 5 I'd the only halo game I've been excited for. 

My point was Halo used to be ground breaking. Now its not even the most popular FPS game. It will be interesting to see how much the series has declined by comparing Halo 3 and Halo 5. Halo 5 will launch on a larger install base than 3 did and I think it will open much smaller.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I liked Reach and ODST is underrated round here

TheSting said:

ODST has the best Halo soundtrack.

tokilamockingbrd said:
kinisking said:

He likes halo 4 more than the original trilogy. So halo isn't at a low point for him at all. Same as me. Halo 5 I'd the only halo game I've been excited for. 

My point was Halo used to be ground breaking. Now its not even the most popular FPS game. It will be interesting to see how much the series has declined by comparing Halo 3 and Halo 5. Halo 5 will launch on a larger install base than 3 did and I think it will open much smaller.

Maybe it's not groundbreaking anymore, but it has managed to stay relevant after more than eight games in a spawn of 15 years since its inception. I'd say that's good enough for the franchise, wouldn't you agree?

For the record, I don't think any Halo game will ever surpass H3 sales anymore.

Goatseye said:
TheSting said:

ODST has the best Halo soundtrack.

Lol i liked the story also. The tape recordings or collectible messages were great.

I'm a sucker for collectibles like that though. Bioshock and the brilliant Kaim tales from Lost Odyssey were extremely good