By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time...

Tagged games:

gergroy said:
KLXVER said:
Yeah, Im not big into JRPGs at all, but this game is awesome. Would also recommend Ni No Kuni if you haven't played it

Xenoblade chronicles is awesome, definitely among the best jrpgs out there... I would not say the same thing about ni no kuni... Pretty much the opposite...

Well I really enjoyed both...

Around the Network

Xenoblade is a great game!

Hope you enjoy it

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Boutros said:
Xenoblade has a lot of great stuff going for it, but I will never understand why people say the plot is great...
I'm assuming the plot isn't what you disliked about FFX?

The plot wasn't bad, but I felt like FFX was too linear when compared to other titles. I like RPGs where you have lots of places to go and explore.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Boutros said:
Xenoblade has a lot of great stuff going for it, but I will never understand why people say the plot is great...
I'm assuming the plot isn't what you disliked about FFX?

The plot wasn't bad, but I felt like FFX was too linear when compared to other titles. I like RPGs where you have lots of places to go and explore.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

All these posts making me really wanna try XC man

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
Boutros said:

The plot is pretty much gnostic philosophy packaged into a fantasy/speculative fiction storyline. There are a lot of literary devices. For anyone else it is a good anime-like speculative fiction story. It isn't a Xenogears but it is still deep and interesting when considered for its own qualities, and has better pacing than Xenogears. 

ReimTime said:

Wait what? Your name isn't a Xenoblade reference?

Well, according to people here, I still don't know much about the plot.

I've changed my sentence in the OP.

sc94597 said:
ReimTime said:

Nope it's a nickname I have from baseball. I've had people posting on my wall a lot saying I mispelled ReynTime and I never understood it until I realized that name came from XC haha

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
sc94597 said:

Nope it's a nickname I have from baseball. I've had people posting on my wall a lot saying I mispelled ReynTime and I never understood it until I realized that name came from XC haha

I think this is a sign you should play the game. :p