By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time...

Tagged games:

Damn, I read 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' in the title and I instantly came.

Still, glad that you're liking the game, it's awesome.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

What do you think, for a person that hasn't played the game, is it better to play it on the Wii or get the N3DS version? I've never got to experience it, but sure want to change that this year. I want to finish this game before I get to play XCX

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Xenoblade's plot is great. Yes it has conventions, but is the perfect example of being conventional in some aspects but not cliched. It's well executed and has a similar pace and sense of escalation as Chrono Trigger. Also, the plot is even more interesting if you take the time to understand the mythos that it is based on and the metaphorical/allegorical nature of the whole storyline.

Scisca said:
What do you think, for a person that hasn't played the game, is it better to play it on the Wii or get the N3DS version? I've never got to experience it, but sure want to change that this year. I want to finish this game before I get to play XCX

Depends, do you want a slightly downscaled version to have on the go?

Can you get your hands on a Wii copy?

Clyde32 said:
Scisca said:

At this point I'm wondering which is the better experience. I think I can get hold of both versions of the game without issues. I know that at this point it would be much more convenient for me to get a handheld version, but I'm moving to my new flat soon and won't have issues with getting hold of my TV any more

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Clyde32 said:

At this point I'm wondering which is the better experience. I think I can get hold of both versions of the game without issues. I know that at this point it would be much more convenient for me to get a handheld version, but I'm moving to my new flat soon and won't have issues with getting hold of my TV any more

I'm leaning toward the 3DS version because it is portable, but the Wii version does look better. 

As it stands there are a few bugs reported for the 3DS version, perhaps they'll get patched, but the Wii version is the best bet.

There is, however, an auto-attack bug in the Wii version, that makes so you don't get the full effect of auto attacks. This was fixed in the 3DS version, but I think the game functioned pretty well regardless of that bug. 

I got it for Wii back when but I couldn't get into it. I jumped on The Last Story, though. Anyway, my copy just arrived for 3DS and this time, I'm gonna give it my full attention.

Tried to download it a few days ago but damn it has to be the biggest download, ever! Didn't have enough card space after deleting a t on of games. Over 28,000 blocks (whatever a block is....). I just said to hell with it and went to Amazon.com. I'll start it tomorrow night.

Clyde32 said:
Scisca said:

I'm leaning toward the 3DS version because it is portable, but the Wii version does look better. 

As it stands there are a few bugs reported for the 3DS version, perhaps they'll get patched, but the Wii version is the best bet.

There is, however, an auto-attack bug in the Wii version, that makes so you don't get the full effect of auto attacks. This was fixed in the 3DS version, but I think the game functioned pretty well regardless of that bug. 

So there is no clearly superior version? Wii looks better, but has bugs and no patches, while 3DS looks worse, has some other bugs and a chance of a patch... I guess so far Wii version is a slight leader for me. I hope the bug isn't really a big issue?

Scisca said:

I guess so far Wii version is a slight leader for me. I hope the bug isn't really a big issue?

Not really. I didn't even notice it, and I played the game through twice and I'm in the middle of a third play through (about 250 hours total.) 

sc94597 said:
Scisca said:

I guess so far Wii version is a slight leader for me. I hope the bug isn't really a big issue?

Not really. I didn't even notice it, and I played the game through twice and I'm in the middle of a third play through (about 250 hours total.) 

Awesome Thanks for the help! I think I'm gonna go with the Wii version. Already can't wait for the holidays, I plan to play Zelda: Skyward Sword and XC.