By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Do you guys do this for every single reviewers out there?

It's not about the reviewer in question, they're entitled to their opinion, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of prejudging games based on a single source. 

Exactly, and that shouldn't need to be said; yet here we stand with over 200 replies.

This is to the thread:

Neither side is in the right here. Nobody should be bashing this game based on one review, and nobody should bash a reviewer for their opinion of a game that nobody here has even played yet. I get that we are also questioning other Famitsu scores that we may not agree with, and some do look shady, but how does a number affect our ability to enjoy the game?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

It's weird how game scores skew these days, we've almost gotten to the point where an 8/10 is considered a bad score. (Or in this case, an 8.5) I find it easier to just ignore numerical scores and judge based on watching uncut gameplay.

Let me correct you: We HAVE gotten to the point where 8 out of 10 is considered a bad score. 

I stand corrected.

This is probably the longest Famitsu review thread I've seen since I've joined.

I don't really have an opinion since I've haven't played the game, but seeing people downplaying it based on this review apparently must acknowledge Skyward Sword as one of the best games of last generation. Which is awesome. I loved that game!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

That sucks, was hoping X would get a better score. I'll hold off on buying it now, still need to finish bloodborne an type 0 anyways

think-man said:
That sucks, was hoping X would get a better score. I'll hold off on buying it now, still need to finish bloodborne an type 0 anyways

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
think-man said:

I'm not, i was actually going to get day one if it reviewed well. I'll still buy it but wont be until i finish my backlog as i swore off buying anymore games until i finished it unless they were exceptional.

shenlong213 said:
Hey guys, I think 34/40 was like 8/10 in score system in the West

It's an 8.5, so it's not even bad.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

think-man said:
Samus Aran said:

I'm not, i was actually going to get day one if it reviewed well. I'll still buy it but wont be until i finish my backlog as i swore off buying anymore games until i finished it unless they were exceptional.

Then maybe you might buy Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros Edition instead. Famicon thinks is as exceptional as Bloodborne. Day 1.

I can´t believe the comments here.

Goodnightmoon said:
think-man said:

Then maybe you might buy Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros Edition instead. Famicon thinks is as exceptional as Bloodborne. Day 1.

It has to be an rpg aswell