By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

People are definitely overreacting over nothing XD reminds me of that writer who got bitched at for not giving GTA V a perfect score. It's not even a bad score o.o Jesus people, not every game Nintendo makes deserves 10/10, gotta lower your expectations sometimes.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Then maybe you might buy Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros Edition instead. Famicon thinks is as exceptional as Bloodborne. Day 1.

It has to be an rpg aswell

Puzzles & Dragons is an rpg lol.

think-man said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Then maybe you might buy Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros Edition instead. Famicon thinks is as exceptional as Bloodborne. Day 1.

It has to be an rpg aswell

It is an rpg, mixed with puzzles.

StarOcean said:
People are definitely overreacting over nothing XD reminds me of that writer who got bitched at for not giving GTA V a perfect score. It's not even a bad score o.o Jesus people, not every game Nintendo makes deserves 10/10, gotta lower your expectations sometimes.

People aren't complaining about the score, but Famitsu's inconsistent grading system. P & D 36/40, really? Demon Souls 29/40...

think-man said:
Samus Aran said:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I'm not, i was actually going to get day one if it reviewed well. I'll still buy it but wont be until i finish my backlog as i swore off buying anymore games until i finished it unless they were exceptional.

Famitsu is one of the most useless reviewers and on top of thst its an 8.5 out 10. Thats not reviewed well? O.o

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

People aren't complaining about the score, but Famitsu's inconsistent grading system. P & D 36/40, really? Demon Souls 29/40...

Different games are reviewed by different reviewers and different genres are judged by different criteria. P & D was not reviewed by the same criteria as Demon's Souls.

StarOcean said:
Samus Aran said:

Different games are reviewed by different reviewers and different genres are judged by different criteria. P & D was not reviewed by the same criteria as Demon's Souls.

A numerical system is supposed to be universal. 9 is higher than 8, that's a fact.

Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

A numerical system is supposed to be universal. 9 is higher than 8, that's a fact.

A 9 by puzzle standards is different from a 9 in RPG standards, that is also a fact.

StarOcean said:
Samus Aran said:

A 9 by puzzle standards is different from a 9 in RPG standards, that is also a fact.

Thank God Puzzle & Dragons is an rpg then.

They gave FF13 a 39/40 btw.

Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

Thank God Puzzle & Dragons is an rpg then.

They gave FF13 a 39/40 btw.

Bolded. An RPG or a puzzle with RPG elements?