By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

RenCutypoison said:
Cloudman said:

Final Fantasy 13 - Perfect score. That is all...

Yes, everyone having a different opinion than yours is an idiot.

OT : I remember giving credit to famitsu, back in 2000. I even gave credit to individual reviews until 2008.

It shoudn't have any effect on sales and we should wait for more results. Also P&D score is surprising.

That is not what I implied, at all... I do find famitsu hard to see as a credible source for reviews considering how some of their scores are. Although I made a mistake, 13-2 was perfect, while 13 was 39-40. Even then, I can't really find them credible.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
kinisking said:
It's a score from one place... And it's till a good score at that. What's the problem?

Well it's apparently not good(but overrated anyway), and didn't do well

Its those 2, did you really expect better?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

This Demon's Souls game won't go far, it only got a 29/40.

And Bloodborne scored on par with Puzzles and Dragons, a mobile game.

But oh well, the great and powerful Famitsu has spoken, it must be objective truth from the mouth of God himself. ;)

curl-6 said:

But oh well, the great and powerful Famitsu has spoken, it must be objective truth from the mouth of God himself. ;)

Do you guys do this for every single reviews outlet out there?

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Do you guys do this for every single reviewers out there?

It's not about the reviewer in question, they're entitled to their opinion, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of prejudging games based on a single source. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

But I'm an atheist... :(

Joking aside, it's not a bad score by any means and it's just one source.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Do you guys do this for every single reviewers out there?

It's not about the reviewer in question, they're entitled to their opinion, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of prejudging games based on a single source. 

On that we agree.

It's also silly to call the game disappointing with such a score. 2 9s and 2 8s is far from being bad scores. People overreact to these kind of things and complain about the game not receiving the score they hoped it would, even though they haven't played it. And other are quick to put the game inside a box for scoring lower than other games, even though the market and expectations change over time.  

The fact is: 34 out of 40, for Famitsu or any other standard, isn't a low score. 

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

On that we agree.

It's also silly to call the game disappointing with such a score. 2 9s and 2 8s is far from being bad scores. People overreact to these kind of things and complain about the game not receiving the score they hoped it would, even though they haven't played it. And other are quick to put the game inside a box for scoring lower than other games, even though the market and expectations change over time.  

The fact is: 34 out of 40, for Famitsu or any other standard, isn't a low score. 

It's weird how game scores skew these days, we've almost gotten to the point where an 8/10 is considered a bad score. (Or in this case, an 8.5) I find it easier to just ignore numerical scores and judge based on watching uncut gameplay.

curl-6 said:

It's weird how game scores skew these days, we've almost gotten to the point where an 8/10 is considered a bad score. (Or in this case, an 8.5) I find it easier to just ignore numerical scores and judge based on watching uncut gameplay.

Let me correct you: We HAVE gotten to the point where 8 out of 10 is considered a bad score. 

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
I bet it's rated lower because of the story.

NOPE!

-to play this enormous world and story you need time and effort

-the cutscene is too long so sometimes it feels like watching a movie

-the explanation for the world is good but too much cutscenes

-the tempo of dialogue is slow

-lack of explanations for game systems

Uh yes? all but the last fall under story.

It is official;gamers do not know how review scores work. Even respectable members are at a lost