By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

A 9 by puzzle standards is different from a 9 in RPG standards, that is also a fact.

Thank God Puzzle & Dragons is an rpg then.

They gave FF13 a 39/40 btw.

I wouldn't neccessarily call P & D as much of an RPG as it is a puzzle game, looking through videos of it in the past.

I have no problem with FF13 having a 39/40. I don't mind the game, it was fine. Never understood the hate for that game as it really isn't bad XD

Around the Network

Who knew people cared about Famitsu so much

It's Famitsu, I hope people are not taking their scores too seriously...they give scores based on how big the IP is, hype and how much money the publisher gives...

Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

Different games are reviewed by different reviewers and different genres are judged by different criteria. P & D was not reviewed by the same criteria as Demon's Souls.

A numerical system is supposed to be universal. 9 is higher than 8, that's a fact.

-__-

Genre, production value, reviewer, and a lot of other factors affect the score.

I read what you say the same as if you said "New Super Mario Bros Wii is a better puzzle RPG game than P & D because it scored higher".

See how that works?

StarOcean said:
Samus Aran said:

Thank God Puzzle & Dragons is an rpg then.

They gave FF13 a 39/40 btw.

I wouldn't neccessarily call P & D as much of an RPG as it is a puzzle game, looking through videos of it in the past.

I have no problem with FF13 having a 39/40. I don't mind the game, it was fine. Never understood the hate for that game as it really isn't bad XD

I wouldn't really call matching tiles a puzzle either.
Not a good one at least.

Although it's surprisingly fun and addictive. Not something I would pay for though.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

A numerical system is supposed to be universal. 9 is higher than 8, that's a fact.

-__-

I read what you say the same as if you said "New Super Mario Bros Wii is a better puzzle game than P & D. Because it scored higher". See how that works?

So you're saying we can't compare different genres? We can't say GTA V is a much better game than Sonic Boom?

TheGoldenBoy said:
Who knew people cared about Famitsu so much

lol when it comes to bigger games.

Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

I wouldn't really call matching tiles a puzzle either.
Not a good one at least.

Although it's surprisingly fun and addictive. Not something I would pay for though.

So then why criticize it for having a high score? I haven't heard anything bad about it. 

Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

-__-

I read what you say the same as if you said "New Super Mario Bros Wii is a better puzzle game than P & D. Because it scored higher". See how that works?

So you're saying we can't compare different genres? We can't say GTA V is a much better game than Sonic Boom?

Yes, we can. That's still subjective and up to the reviewer. If someone thinks that P&D is a better game than XCX, what's wrong with that? 

Are you trying to say that XCX is a better game than P&D despite not having played XCX?

think-man said:
That sucks, was hoping X would get a better score. I'll hold off on buying it now, still need to finish bloodborne an type 0 anyways

You can always try other reviews in the future if you are concerned for this game. Famitsu isn`t the definitive review.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread