By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Xbox Brand Simply Weaker Than the Playstation Brand?

Which Gaming Brand is the Biggest?

Playstation 690 76.07%

Xbox 51 5.62%

Nintendo 124 13.67%

iOS 42 4.63%

Total:907

Playstation is the brand who bring new gamers to gaming ps1, is the first console to sold 100 millions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
daredevil.shark said:
Playstation was always biggest gaming brand. Its been since 1995. In Wii / Xbox 360 time people just forgot it. Now they do remember it again. Its simple.

You don't just forget 599 US Dollars. You avoid it.

In spite of an awful launch, the PS3 slow-burned to second and (doubtfully) possibly even first when all's said and done because Sony was playing catch-up. They were hungry. It's a mentality I miss from them since the PS4 launched. It's a mentality that has me admiring Phil Spencer and the turnaround he's made for the XBO; I'd actually consider maybe buying one in 2017ish now.

I wish Sony would have stayed hungry after the PS4 launched and dominated, because it now feels like they were just prepping to win from the gate and coast from there. We've had maybe three exclusives worth buying in over a year, and several hype machine disappointments. PS+ has dropped in quality (somewhat understandably) since they forced subscription. We got a bad TV show, a cable service without Disney, and a rental service as an attempt to expand the PS branding. It almost feels like they're Wii levels of cocky right now. 

My point is that while the PS brand is clearly stronger, it's also straining right now. Consumer-wise it will always win*, but quality-wise it's on a downward trend, and that disappoints me. We've seen what Sony can do when they dominate, and they're leaning PS3 cocky instead of PS2 confident. And I'm sure this disappointment will resonate just as well in my head when I cave and buy my PS4 in a few weeks. 

(*You never know with Nintendo) 

You're subjective opinion of course.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

The PS4 has more exclusives and 3rd Party support.

small44 said:
Playstation is the brand who bring new gamers to gaming ps1, is the first console to sold 100 millions

Playstation once again getting more credit than it deserves. Its just a matter time before we here Playstation is the reason gamers exist.

The reality is Playstation was just the right console at the right time. Sony made a pretty decent machine and they threw a lot of money around when competition wasn't as strong. But when Sony dropped the ball with PS3, other companies did fine satisfying consumers. If PS1 didn't exist much of the great support PS1 had would have been successful on other platforms. The best thing about PS1 was 3rd party, not Sony.

On topic: If we include the mobile market Nintendo is a pretty big brand. The Failure of the Wii U is more of a reflection that Nintendo dropped the ball at making an appealing home console. I blame the tablet control.

Now that Sony is mostly dead in the mobile market, they aren't as big as they once were. PS2/PSP era was their prime.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

If PS1 didn't exist much of the great support PS1 had would have been successful on other platforms. The best thing about PS1 was 3rd party, not Sony.

You say that but both Nintendo and Sega didn't want to fully invest in 3D. Sega had to make last minute changes to increase the saturns 3D capabilities (2D maching) just to compete. The 3D era really owes a lot to the Playstation. 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
small44 said:

Playstation once again getting more credit than it deserves. Its just a matter time before we here Playstation is the reason gamers exist.

The reality is Playstation was just the right console at the right time. Sony made a pretty decent machine and they threw a lot of money around when competition wasn't as strong. But when Sony dropped the ball with PS3, other companies did fine satisfying consumers. If PS1 didn't exist much of the great support PS1 had would have been successful on other platforms. The best thing about PS1 was 3rd party, not Sony.

On topic: If we include the mobile market Nintendo is a pretty big brand. The Failure of the Wii U is more of a reflection that Nintendo dropped the ball at making an appealing home console. I blame the tablet control.

Now that Sony is mostly dead in the mobile market, they aren't as big as they once were. PS2/PSP era was their prime.

I didn't give any  credit to Playstation i just give a fact that no other console sold 100 millions before PS1 it's mean that ps1 bring new gamers.

Microsoft has been more agressive this gen yet ps4 is outsell xb1 even in USA

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Protendo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You say that but both Nintendo and Sega didn't want to fully invest in 3D. Sega had to make last minute changes to increase the saturns 3D capabilities (2D maching) just to compete. The 3D era really owes a lot to the Playstation.

To be fair, Nintendo and Sega was pushing 3D gaming before Sony entered the fray. And we all know N64 was superior with the polygons.

When PS1 launched they made a platform that did a pretty good job pushing polygons. But people still give them way too much credit, Sony came into the industry because it was already thriving. People seem to think video games weren't popular until PS1.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

small44 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
small44 said:

I didn't give any  credit to Playstation i just give a fact that no other console sold 100 millions before PS1 it's mean that ps1 bring new gamers.

Microsoft has been more agressive this gen yet ps4 is outsell xb1 even in USA

If PS1 didn't exist some other platform probably would have sold 100 million. But all the great support came to PS1 so that was the console people flocked to. Hence, the market was thriving even before Sony came into the industry.

MS has been aggressive this gen? I guess you forgot they dropped the ball at launch, they're trying to recover from that. Just like Sony dropped the ball with PS3. You lose market share when you have a bad launch.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Protendo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

To be fair, Nintendo and Sega was pushing 3D gaming before Sony entered the fray. And we all know N64 was superior with the polygons.

When PS1 launched they made a platform that did a pretty good job pushing polygons. But people still give them way too much credit, Sony came into the industry because it was already thriving. People seem to think video games weren't popular until PS1.

best selling console before ps1 wasn't able to even outsold ps3 so yeah gaming wasn't as popular as when ps1 came

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

I think sony is stronger BUT its too microsoft fault, if they would have go with no drm, free live they could get upper hands.