By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Keep gaming pure! Do not buy Mortal Kombat X!

is dlc out of control?

yes 155 76.73%

no 46 22.77%

Total:201
RubberWhistleHistle said:
Cloudman said:
It`s too late. It`s the team`s best selling game in the franchise.

I am very much against the practices being done in MKX, but I`m not sure this is the best action to do against it. The game should sell on the game itself. If the game really is a good product, it should sell well. Optional things that don`t affect the game by any means shouldn`t negatively affect the sales of the game if it`s a solid title.

I do think the small dlc options are outright terrible though, and should not be continued. It devalues what is overall a great game.

i think what you have said highlights the divide that there is between us. i believe full heartedly that the best action is to just not buy it whereas others think that the best action is to just not buy the dlc. i am of the opinion that the game should not be bought in general because the game itself is incomplete. it is a 60 dollar game that gives you less than it would have if it came out ten years ago. that is a huge problem. and by purchasing the game, youre telling them that you are willing to settle for less content at the same price. it certainly is the best action to take

Yeah, it`s a tough call. People should buy the game if they want it and it`s good, but at the same time, it could send the message of "These practices are fine" and encourage them to continue doing it, and perhaps make it worse.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

with all that micro transaction, the game might as well be free2play

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
KingdomHeartsFan said:

are a lot of you guys who bought the game just ok with how they handled its release? the day one DLC and the fatalities, extra characters, etc? 

What day 1 dlc?  

The extra characters are not ready at release, not sure what the problem there is, they are being made after the game releases, not ripped from the game or anything. 

im sorry, i was wrong about that. i dont know why i thought it had that, but i just looked up the schedule. for anybody who is wondering:

04/26 – MASKDMURDER Pack
05/10 – Klassic Pack #1
05/24 – HUNTERPREY Pack
06/07 – Klassic Pack #2
it is still pretty shitty. i mean, do you really think that all this content isnt finished right now? there is no way to know i suppose, but obviously they are using dlc as a way to get more money out of us rather than "extend the life of the game" which is what they always stand behind when confronted with this problem. even if it isnt day 1, i think we can see that dlc is not being handled respectfully here.

Agreed. I'm 100% with you here.

This game needs to fail in the long term, like The Order opened well but quickly froze.

And congrats for the courage of doing the thread.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Doh. I failed you OP :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What day 1 dlc?  

The extra characters are not ready at release, not sure what the problem there is, they are being made after the game releases, not ripped from the game or anything. 

im sorry, i was wrong about that. i dont know why i thought it had that, but i just looked up the schedule. for anybody who is wondering:

04/26 – MASKDMURDER Pack
05/10 – Klassic Pack #1
05/24 – HUNTERPREY Pack
06/07 – Klassic Pack #2
it is still pretty shitty. i mean, do you really think that all this content isnt finished right now? there is no way to know i suppose, but obviously they are using dlc as a way to get more money out of us rather than "extend the life of the game" which is what they always stand behind when confronted with this problem. even if it isnt day 1, i think we can see that dlc is not being handled respectfully here.

Not really, there's enough content there to justify a $60 purchase, they went far above what other fighting games are willing to offer.  If the game was lacking in content then they had day 1 dlc on top of that then I'd have a problem with it.

Oh stop. People will buy whatever they want.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

It really doesnt bother me nor will change my enjoyment for the game. You are free to complain though

Easy fatalities are not the thing that needs to be complained about. Fatalities are useless and don't matter, who cares if some people want to pay for them? Your OP seems to completely miss the fact that fatalities only happen after you have already won the game. We aren't giving out victories, we are just making showboating easier.

Complain about the patch making coin gain slower or the pre order locked character or the overpriced character DLC, but don't complain about cosmetic stuff. You can dislike it all you want, but it doesn't affect the game in any meaningful way.

PwerlvlAmy said:

Doh. I failed you OP :(

lol wow thats intense