By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Keep gaming pure! Do not buy Mortal Kombat X!

is dlc out of control?

yes 155 76.73%

no 46 22.77%

Total:201
sundin13 said:
Easy fatalities are not the thing that needs to be complained about. Fatalities are useless and don't matter, who cares if some people want to pay for them? Your OP seems to completely miss the fact that fatalities only happen after you have already won the game. We aren't giving out victories, we are just making showboating easier.

Complain about the patch making coin gain slower or the pre order locked character or the overpriced character DLC, but don't complain about cosmetic stuff. You can dislike it all you want, but it doesn't affect the game in any meaningful way.

i see the point youre making, but i just explained to somebody else what fatalities were back in the 16 bit era. they were meaningful and important, and its taken away from us. it does matter. 

and everything you wrote in the second paragraph is fucked up as well, and i see now that my OP was very unclear. i honestly just assumed everybody knew about everything they are doing with the game. the patch that makes coin gain slower is just a huge disgrace, and my OP is about that nonsense as well, even though it isnt stated explicitly. 

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

are a lot of you guys who bought the game just ok with how they handled its release? the day one DLC and the fatalities, extra characters, etc? 

What day 1 dlc?  

The extra characters are not ready at release, not sure what the problem there is, they are being made after the game releases, not ripped from the game or anything. 

They say it's not ready but I just fought Tanya in like chapter 3 or 4 of the story mode and yet she's an announced DLC character. I also fought Rain and heard Jade makes an appearance yet they're non playable characters in the game? 

Each character in MKX required a lot more work than a traditional fighter, they need to have 3 different forms.  Also just cause you fight her doesn't mean her complete move list for even one of her forms was done.

first of all, i know im going to get a ton of hate for this thread because people like to defend publishers thumbing their nose at gamers for some odd reason.. but this needs to be said. 

everyone knows about how mortal kombat x is taking the most precious and beloved aspects about the game and squashing it. making something that used to take hard work and dedication available to anybody for five dollars. this kind of stuff makes me sick, because i loved playing all the old mortal kombat games, and it makes me sad that these new generation of gamers dont get to experience what made mortal kombat, well.. MORTAL KOMBAT! what if instead of awarding olympic athletes with gold medals, we just offered it to anybody with 50 grand? we dont do that because it isnt right. its unethical, and thats exactly what these people are doing to us gamers.

we seriously need to take a stand against publishers doing these kinds of things, and the only way to take any meaningful stand against it is to not buy the game. we really should think twice about what we are supporting with our money and saying what is ok. are a lot of you guys who bought the game just ok with how they handled its release? the day one DLC and the fatalities, extra characters, etc? 

i honestly think it would be best if we would just have some self control and take our power back, because this is getting out of control, guys. so we need to keep gaming pure, making sure developers give us full complete games that actually reward you for playing it instead of trying to stick their hands deeper into your pocket. is ANYBODY at all with me?

The richest athletes usually win - they have access to the most sophisticated doping programs. Which also isn't very ethical, but I can assure you doping is rife in pretty much any Olympic sport.

I thought this is about the gay character thing...but eitherway I think you're overreacting.

There's no enough information on your post. You're not very specific which practices you despise. Anyway, there's only a handful of things I know about MKX:

- Easy fatalities can be purchased: I don't care. This doesn't unbalance the game at all. So what if the guy who beat me can do fatalities far easier. What matters is that he already beat me.
- Additional characters can be purchased. The only difference here is that they're marketing them early on. So what? The present roster is already big as it is. People ask for way too much for $60.

When they start locking up special moves and sell them I will join your cause.

i see the point youre making, but i just explained to somebody else what fatalities were back in the 16 bit era. they were meaningful and important, and its taken away from us. it does matter. 

and everything you wrote in the second paragraph is fucked up as well, and i see now that my OP was very unclear. i honestly just assumed everybody knew about everything they are doing with the game. the patch that makes coin gain slower is just a huge disgrace, and my OP is about that nonsense as well, even though it isnt stated explicitly. 

I think that it is really overstated how important it is, and while I respect that you hold that opinion (it is entirely reasonable for you to personally not like this system), I do not think that it is a strong enough point to be able to make statements like "Keep gaming pure! Do not buy Mortal Kombat X!". With all the other stuff though, you have a much stronger argument...carry on

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Easy fatalities are not the thing that needs to be complained about. Fatalities are useless and don't matter, who cares if some people want to pay for them? Your OP seems to completely miss the fact that fatalities only happen after you have already won the game. We aren't giving out victories, we are just making showboating easier.

Complain about the patch making coin gain slower or the pre order locked character or the overpriced character DLC, but don't complain about cosmetic stuff. You can dislike it all you want, but it doesn't affect the game in any meaningful way.

One issue I have with those is that the easy fatality option isn`t even permanent. 1 dollar gets you 5, and 5 dollars gets you 30. I wouldn`t really care about that aside from a chuckle and a sigh, but having to repurchase them does seem like a terrible practice.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm a buy it just to annoy you OP.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Skullwaker said:
Wait, what kind of DLC is in it?

I think all they have is easy fatalities.. 

Angelv577 said:
It really doesnt bother me nor will change my enjoyment for the game. You are free to complain though

well let me ask you this, were you a fan of the series during the 16 bit era? you may be too young to have been gaming back then, im not sure. if you were, then im sorry, but i think its harder to understand what old school gamers are really griping about with the easy fatalities in particular. it used to be something that you worked hard to be able to do. once you win the match, if you were skilled enough, you got to see this awesome scene of blood and gore, and it was really humiliating for whoever you defeated. if you loved that aspect of the game, and were wanting to experience that with MKX, well, its pointless now because anybody can just press a button and make it happen. so for a lot of us, it changes the enjoyment big time.

Yeah, I started with MK I and I still don't care.  You are over exaggerating to a massive degree.  If I want to learn a fatality, then I'll learn it.  If my friend beats me and uses a short-cut fatality, I'll still laugh and flip him off, then we'll play again.

If anything, old school gamers should be mature enough that they're not sulking about things that don't matter whatsoever.

If fatalities helped you win, this would be an issue. But they don't, so this isn't much of an issue. It's an asinine display, but it's more sad than anything.

Now Goro being behind a paywall is a problem.  Microtransaction systems being hidden from critics who put out pre or at release reviews is a problem.  A patch changing those systems post release after 95% of scores and coverage had rolled in, THAT'S a problem.