By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Keep gaming pure! Do not buy Mortal Kombat X!

is dlc out of control?

yes 155 76.73%

no 46 22.77%

Total:201

Can't people buy the game and just not buy any DLC for it. That would send a message to 'em. Personally, I don't really care because I stopped playing mortal combat games since the 2nd one.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
It`s too late. It`s the team`s best selling game in the franchise.

I am very much against the practices being done in MKX, but I`m not sure this is the best action to do against it. The game should sell on the game itself. If the game really is a good product, it should sell well. Optional things that don`t affect the game by any means shouldn`t negatively affect the sales of the game if it`s a solid title.

I do think the small dlc options are outright terrible though, and should not be continued. It devalues what is overall a great game.

As George Carlin once said "Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care." The average gamer isn't even AWARE of the past, and how games use to come 100% complete inside of a box for $50.00. They aren't aware and even if you told them, they'd just say "get with the times grampa". 

If people want MK10, like I do, they should wait until it's $40.00 with ALL extra content included. It won't take long. Probably this holiday season. But, you know... nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Cloudman said:

I am very much against the practices being done in MKX, but I`m not sure this is the best action to do against it. The game should sell on the game itself. If the game really is a good product, it should sell well. Optional things that don`t affect the game by any means shouldn`t negatively affect the sales of the game if it`s a solid title.

I do think the small dlc options are outright terrible though, and should not be continued. It devalues what is overall a great game.

As George Carlin once said "Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care." The average gamer isn't even AWARE of the past, and how games use to come 100% complete inside of a box for $50.00. They aren't aware and even if you told them, they'd just say "get with the times grampa". 

If people want MK10, like I do, they should wait until it's $40.00 with ALL extra content included. It won't take long. Probably this holiday season. But, you know... nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.

Nobody not noticing or caring has me worried. This sort of thing will become the standard and we end up getting more things put behind a paywall or finding more ways to get money from us, and people will be okay with this! : ( It makes me sad...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

alternine said:
LipeJJ said:
Agreed. I'm 100% with you here.

This game needs to fail in the long term, like The Order opened well but quickly froze.

And congrats for the courage of doing the thread.

I don't understand why people want games they dont like to fail. The Order is doing fine by the way.

Well, I can't talk for others, but I do like Mortal Kombat since... ever, and I'm sure X is a good game too from what I've seen. The thing that's turning me off is the amount of bad practices the game has, and so I honestly wish it, and every other game that does this things (like evolve), fails.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Already bought it, no regrets.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
Angelv577 said:
It really doesnt bother me nor will change my enjoyment for the game. You are free to complain though

well let me ask you this, were you a fan of the series during the 16 bit era? you may be too young to have been gaming back then, im not sure. if you were, then im sorry, but i think its harder to understand what old school gamers are really griping about with the easy fatalities in particular. it used to be something that you worked hard to be able to do. once you win the match, if you were skilled enough, you got to see this awesome scene of blood and gore, and it was really humiliating for whoever you defeated. 

You can't blame the kids for something that the industry did. I was 7 when the NES came out so I was raised on games harder than the ones you were raised on. And yes, I totally agree that games are weak now and most young gamers are weak as well, but it's not their fault. The blame is on the publishers for dumbing it all down for the sake of profit. They figured out long ago that the average person doesn't have what it takes to beat a hard game and started allowing those people to feel like they were good too. Thus, the slow death march of difficult games.

It's not coming back and I'll tell you why. These publishers know that they have dumed the skills of the average gamer down so far, that releasing hard games again would mean less sales. They don't want less sales.

Cloudman said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Cloudman said:

Nobody not noticing or caring has me worried. This sort of thing will become the standard and we end up getting more things put behind a paywall or finding more ways to get money from us, and people will be okay with this! : ( It makes me sad...

I totally understand. My saying is this. "The burden of having an intelligent mind is withstanding the fact that almost everyone else around you, doesn't." 

I'm starting to think OP is incapable of making a thread unless it's targeted at causing drama

AlfredoTurkey said:
Cloudman said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Cloudman said:

I totally understand. My saying is this. "The burden of having an intelligent mind is withstanding the fact that almost everyone else around you, doesn't." 

I think in this case, that`s an annoying thing to bear.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

MKX has an insane amount of content. Also, these microtransactions do not provide any advantage so meh.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'