By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat reveals first gay character

Tagged games:

so like 2-3% of the worlds population is homosexual right?
It makes sense there is a gay character in a game every once in a while.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
so like 2-3% of the worlds population is homosexual right?
It makes sense there is a gay character in a game every once in a while.

More like 10% acording to researches. But people lie, so add those that are gay and stay closeted and we're looking at 15-20%. then there's 15-20% heterosexuals and the rest is a wide range of bisexuals.

Wright said:
Something specific? Dog, horses, dolphins...?

The ultimate.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

As long as they don't stereotype him and keep this character as natural as possible, it's okay. Hopefully, this sets a trend for future games if developers want to include gay or lesbian characters on a game.

Good for LGBT people to have someone to relate too. It doesn't affect anything since people play Mortal Kombat for the gore, and not for story or character development.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:
Is it the "straight agenda" at work when a character is heterosexual?
LGBTI people exist, they are quite common. Featuring them in games is not an "agenda" it's simply art reflecting reality.

How can it be a straight agenda when straights don't have a cause? Straights don't have an LGBT  group rallying for them, lobbying politicians and media for them. LGBT people do and they specificall lobby media to show more representation for them - that is an agenda and this fits right in to it.

The gay agenda = equal treatment. It's that simple. Those who feel threatened by that reveal their own agenda to marginalize and oppress.

Materia-Blade said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I'm talking motive. If an artist goes "I'd really like to tell the story of two gay guys living in NY etc." and then makes a game... that's good. I'm totally supportive. If, on the other hand, he/she goes "I think if I put two gay guys as lead characters into this game, it will get alot more publicity and attention"... then no, that's not a good thing. 

Exploitation is exploitation. 

First what makes you think this is the case (exploitation)? second, isn't that what's done all the time when a heterosexual couple are lead/important characters/focus of the story?

I don't know their motive, nor do you know the motives of those who choose heterosexual characters. I wasn't talking about MKX and their movite. I was talking in general. I don't support exploitation just for the sake of publicity/sales. Doesn't matter if it's hetro,homo or bi-sexual. 

A gay character in Mortal Kombat?

What's his fatality move...  Glitter Bomb?  AIDS?

Oh lighten up social justice warriors, I'm only joking around!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

So how do we know hes gay?

NightDragon83 said:

A gay character in Mortal Kombat?

What's his fatality move...  Glitter Bomb?  AIDS?

Oh lighten up social justice warriors, I'm only joking around!

His fatality is actually a double-ended dildo pistol.

He's like Bayonetta on steroids. Literally.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread