By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Bayonetta 3 be multi plat or Nintendo exclusive?

Will Bayonetta 3 be multi plat of NIntendo exclusive?

Nintendo Exclusive 285 56.44%

Multi Plat 60 11.88%

They won't make a 3rd 160 31.68%

Total:505

If it happens, and that is a big if, I would guess Nintendo would have to fund another one.

Around the Network

I doubt it will be multiplat cause I doubt Sega will fund it at all hence why Bayonetta 2 got to be an exclusive in the first place. As for which platform it will be exclusive for is left to the publisher

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Paatar said:
Angelv577 said:

Actually, it was stated in the first NPD for the game that it was overtracked.  VGchartz had it at over 300k whereas NPD said it failed to reached 145k.  Anyway even with VGchartz numbers, If the game was considered a flop at 2m, they game definitely is a flop at 700k considering that the game has an equal development budget.

They funded the game as an attempt to have diversity and attract core gamers from ps3/360 which failed to do so.

It isn't overtracked by that much. Sorry.

Also, I'm talking about the standards. Like you originally were. Micro and Sony consider the original sales a flop, Nintendo doesn't consider 700k a flop.

You should also put into account that these aren't LT numbers too.

I don't have much to say other than you are in denial, the game is in fact overtracked but I get the VG numbers suit you more.  The game failed to be in the top ten list of NPD in october, Nintendo didn't talk about  the sales in their october NPD statement and then there were rumor that the game sold 68k in october stated by some leaker but since it wasn't confirmed, let believe VGchartz that by the way, they aren't that reliable at all. 

Assuming 700k is correct, do you think that numbers is Ok by Nintendo?.   A game like fire emblem that doesn't look demanding, they were asking 250k for the game in order to keep with it.  You can tell that bayo has a decent amount of costs added to it.  Yes, this isn't Life time numbers but you can tell the game doesn't have any legs, it has been by that number for a while now in VGchartz.  I hate to break it to you but when nintendo fund a game, they expect a decent amount of return, I'm sure bayo 2 hasn't done that.

I don't know if there will be another Bayonetta, but if there is I expect Platinum to give Nintendo the opportunity to have it as an exclusive.

There won't be a third one.

Around the Network

I don't know why any publisher would pick up a 3rd one. Series doesn't sell well enough to make back the cost.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

There will be a third one and it will be Nintendo exclusive.

Hmm, hard to say. I doubt Nintendo would fund a third one. If its platinum and another publisher there is no reason why it would be exclusive.

On the other hand Nintendo has supported many average selling titles in the past like fire emblem.

The next one will be on smartphones, as they have proved it can be controlled with touch only.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/24/bayonetta-2-how-touch-controls-work

sc94597 said:
Angelv577 said:

Actually, it was stated in the first NPD for the game that it was overtracked.  VGchartz had it at over 300k whereas NPD said it failed to reached 145k.  Anyway even with VGchartz numbers, If the game was considered a flop at 2m, they game definitely is a flop at 700k considering that the game has an equal development budget.

They funded the game as an attempt to have diversity and attract core gamers from ps3/360 which failed to do so.

Sega, as a third party developer, has different expectations on succes for a game. Also there is no evidence the budget is the same. Development costs decrease with sequels, particularly because assets are reused/modified. 

And you think nintendo expectations are lower than sega, for all we know, their expectations could be larger than sega.  Even if bayo 2 was cheaper to make than the first one, it couldn't be that much different and again, the game was overtracked in US.  Right now it should be at 500k at most because it could be overtracked in Europe as well, and by the looks of it, the legs are horrible at this point so the chance to reach 1 million is very unlikely.  Like I said before, if nintendo asked 250k sales for a game like fire emblem that doesn't look demanding at all, you know that 500k or 700k is too low by nintendo standards for a game like bayo considering the development costs behind it.  Nintendo doesn't like to break even, they mostly try to go for decent profit at minimum.