By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Bayonetta 3 be multi plat or Nintendo exclusive?

Will Bayonetta 3 be multi plat of NIntendo exclusive?

Nintendo Exclusive 285 56.44%

Multi Plat 60 11.88%

They won't make a 3rd 160 31.68%

Total:505
LipeJJ said:
NX exclusive. Nintendo will fund it again. I mean, they need different types of games on their platforms and they are aware of it. Nintendo tends to give games many chances before giving up on them, and it's not like Bayonetta 2 flopped hard. It's almost 700k at retail and the thing is not even 1 year old.

It might be the next home console exclusive, but we don't even know what the NX is. So "NX exclusive" is invalid.

However, I do believe Nintendo will fund it again. Especially since like you stated, it didn't flop. I think it will sell at least 1.10m at retail LT or maybe more. Which will be pretty good I think.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
I doubt we will ever see a bayonetta game again but if I have to choose, I think it will be multiplat. The game flop for Nintendo standards so it won't be worth it for them. Bayo 2 was an experiment to attract some core gamers and failed to do so.

Actually, the game did pretty good to their standards. The orignal Bayonetta (Which sold a combined 2m+ on both the PS3 and 360) was considered a flop by Micro and Sony, which is why they didn't fund the game and Nintendo stepped in. It is almost at 700k retail and the game hasn't even been out for a full year yet. It still has a good 2-3 years left.

I don't really mind, as long as I have that platform lol. Bayo 2 is the best action game I've ever played, so, please, Platinum, make Bayo 3!

Kamiya certainly wants a 3rd game in the future and already he or producer have a general idea of the story.

Preferably Nintendo exclusive........unless I'm not getting the next console.

Paatar said:
Angelv577 said:
I doubt we will ever see a bayonetta game again but if I have to choose, I think it will be multiplat. The game flop for Nintendo standards so it won't be worth it for them. Bayo 2 was an experiment to attract some core gamers and failed to do so.

Actually, the game did pretty good to their standards. The orignal Bayonetta (Which sold a combined 2m+ on both the PS3 and 360) was considered a flop by Micro and Sony, which is why they didn't fund the game and Nintendo stepped in. It is almost at 700k retail and the game hasn't even been out for a full year yet. It still has a good 2-3 years left.

Actually, it was stated in the first NPD for the game that it was overtracked.  VGchartz had it at over 300k whereas NPD said it failed to reached 145k.  Anyway even with VGchartz numbers, If the game was considered a flop at 2m, they game definitely is a flop at 700k considering that the game has an equal development budget.

They funded the game as an attempt to have diversity and attract core gamers from ps3/360 which failed to do so.

Around the Network

If there is a third one there's no way its gonna be multiplat, its gonna cost more to make on PS4/X1 and no publisher is gonna put up that kind of money.  Nintendo funding it is probably the best chance it has to see the light of day, but I doubt its gonna happen Nintendo probably lost a lot on this game.  The game was in development for 4-5 years, no way 0.7m in sales is covering that.  Nintendo would have to be really desperate for some M rated games.

Nintendo

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

In all fairness they have tons of ideas for Bayonetta 3, they're just going to need to have someone fund it.

I imagine Nintendo will as long as it's a reasonable funding request.

Angelv577 said:
Paatar said:

Actually, it was stated in the first NPD for the game that it was overtracked.  VGchartz had it at over 300k whereas NPD said it failed to reached 145k.  Anyway even with VGchartz numbers, If the game was considered a flop at 2m, they game definitely is a flop at 700k considering that the game has an equal development budget.

They funded the game as an attempt to have diversity and attract core gamers from ps3/360 which failed to do so.

It isn't overtracked by that much. Sorry.

Also, I'm talking about the standards. Like you originally were. Micro and Sony consider the original sales a flop, Nintendo doesn't consider 700k a flop.

You should also put into account that these aren't LT numbers too.

If it's ever made, I'm fairly certain it will be a Nintendo exclusive again.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread