By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony domination begins....?

Four Games that will determine Sony's place in this console war:
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Grand Theft Auto...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network
jheco05 said:
Four Games that will determine Sony's place in this console war:
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Grand Theft Auto...

Yeah, they will always be exclusive titles!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/metalgearsolid2substance?q=metal%20gear%20solid

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/finalfantasyxi?q=final%20fantasy

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/grandtheftautodoublepack?q=grand%20theft%20auto

Gran Turismo... Gran Turismo... Well... Maybe not that one... Right? Riiiiight?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/projectgothamracing2?q=project%20gotham%20racing

Close enough... 

I notice that certain titles seem to be in the common litany of every Sony defender. And while these titles are usually catalyst games (FF13, MGS4, and GT5 certainly are; GTA4's catalyst impact is weakened by simultaneous cross-platform release), they aren't coming out close enough to each other to have full catalytic effect. The ideal timespan between killer aps is 2 to 4 months. As it stands, of those only MGS4 and GTA4 have release dates, and while they are within 2 to 4 months of one another, GTA4's impact is still lessened thanks to the 360 version.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

@alex00

if you think a few percentage points (90 or 91 vs 89 or 88) or in this case a small fraction of a percentage point either way  determines if a game is "AAA" or not you are clueless. A couple percentage points one way or the other isn't really significant unless you want to count so-called "AAA" in your sig for some reason.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

yay more than 100 replies this is one of my most succesful threads.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x00 said:
NYANKS said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:
In my opinion you can't be dominating and still be in last place. And the last time I looked the PS3 is still in last place in installed base.

Though it is dominating in terms of current sales, its not sony's fault microsoft decided to release there nex gen console 13 months before the PS3 was launched in NA, and japan. And about 17 months before it was released in europe and OTHER territories.

The past 3 months have gone to the console which is currently higher priced. With only but 4 AAA titles 2 of which are multiplatform, and 2 of which are exclusive. I say if the PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360 in every single region, that is something to look at. If ps3 were at that $279.99 price the 360 arcade is, I would say blu-ray alone would have smashed the 360.

4 AAA titles???

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfarePS3Activision437.893.621%
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: OblivionPS3Bethesda Softworks537.793.189%
3. Rock BandPS3MTV Games26--90.892%
4. Uncharted: Drake's FortunePS3SCEA678.989.828%
5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year EditionPS32K Games4--89.000%
6. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of DestructionPS3SCEA698.388.540%
7. Burnout ParadisePS3Electronic Arts409.087.388%
8. The Orange BoxPS3EA Games208.987.275%
9. Ninja Gaiden SigmaPS3Tecmo518.786.994%
10. Resistance: Fall of ManPS3SCEA777.986.698

AAA = 90%+

Where is the forth one? I only see three? Oh... Maybe it's... INVISIBLE!!! Ooooooooo!!!

Two of them are Playstation 3 exclusive? So only one... I mean two... Because one is invisible... Of these games are also on the Xbox 360? Man, oh, man, the Xbox 360 needs some more AAA games! Ignore the links below. They serve no purpose.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/elderscrolls4oblivion?q=elder%20scrolls

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/rockband?q=rock%20band

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/callofduty4modernwarfare?q=call%20of%20duty%204

Now if you excuse me, I'm going back to play some Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction! 

Ok, that AAA bullshit your spittin is ridiculous.  Uncharted is off by .180%, so its not AAA?  I hate the f*ckin term AAA, people can't even get the term straight.  Christ, please, if you've been involved in playing and watching the best games this generation you know what is AAA and what is not.  Ratchet and Uncharted are both "AAA", I can't speak for the others. 

Uncharted is not an AAA game. It missed the mark by .180%. 0.99 is not 1. Okay? I hate the stupid AAA thing too, but most of the people here only speak video game language. You can't teach English to everyone. Ratchet and Uncharted are AA games. They are not AAA games. Stop messing with the rules of the game reviews. This is why Metacritic, and Game Rankings exist. They exist, so that people don't have to follow single, worthless opinions anymore, but the average of a compilation of many opinions, which is far more accurate on determining how good a game is. But when you try to force your opinion through these websites, and try to change things around, it makes the whole thing worthless, doesn't it? YOU ARE WRONG!

This option is for people who lack the brain power to look into things themselves.  ANYONE who looks to anything other than themselves for a final say is a dumbass, plain and simple.  You can miss out on wonderful games because of a rating system that says .180% less than 90% banishes you from being a great game, what a load of crap.  Rather than make a set of rules that people will follow as blindly as you, we should educate people in doing the opposite.  Reviewers can be retarded, if you haven't noticed.  And I believe that most of the people who visit here have the foresight not rely on other people's opinions.  Don't follow my opinion, follow nobody's, at least not as a final word on whether a game is "AAA" of "AA", please.  I shudder to think about how many amazing games are not "special" because they didn't get .1% higher on gamerankings.  Please, anyone who uses that pile of fail to determine exactly what a game is is stupid.  They are only VERY rough estimates.

people still delusional and think the ps3 can beat the wii (even tho wii's 2008 sales>>ps3's 2006+2007+2008 sales):

username1234
mars

anyone else?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
ameratsu said:

@alex00

if you think a few percentage points (90 or 91 vs 89 or 88) or in this case a small fraction of a percentage point either way  determines if a game is "AAA" or not you are clueless. A couple percentage points one way or the other isn't really significant unless you want to count so-called "AAA" in your sig for some reason.

Incorrect. 90%+ = AAA. not 89.9%+. That's the way it is.

NYANKS said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
NYANKS said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:
In my opinion you can't be dominating and still be in last place. And the last time I looked the PS3 is still in last place in installed base.

Though it is dominating in terms of current sales, its not sony's fault microsoft decided to release there nex gen console 13 months before the PS3 was launched in NA, and japan. And about 17 months before it was released in europe and OTHER territories.

The past 3 months have gone to the console which is currently higher priced. With only but 4 AAA titles 2 of which are multiplatform, and 2 of which are exclusive. I say if the PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360 in every single region, that is something to look at. If ps3 were at that $279.99 price the 360 arcade is, I would say blu-ray alone would have smashed the 360.

4 AAA titles???

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfarePS3Activision437.893.621%
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: OblivionPS3Bethesda Softworks537.793.189%
3. Rock BandPS3MTV Games26--90.892%
4. Uncharted: Drake's FortunePS3SCEA678.989.828%
5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year EditionPS32K Games4--89.000%
6. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of DestructionPS3SCEA698.388.540%
7. Burnout ParadisePS3Electronic Arts409.087.388%
8. The Orange BoxPS3EA Games208.987.275%
9. Ninja Gaiden SigmaPS3Tecmo518.786.994%
10. Resistance: Fall of ManPS3SCEA777.986.698

AAA = 90%+

Where is the forth one? I only see three? Oh... Maybe it's... INVISIBLE!!! Ooooooooo!!!

Two of them are Playstation 3 exclusive? So only one... I mean two... Because one is invisible... Of these games are also on the Xbox 360? Man, oh, man, the Xbox 360 needs some more AAA games! Ignore the links below. They serve no purpose.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/elderscrolls4oblivion?q=elder%20scrolls

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/rockband?q=rock%20band

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/callofduty4modernwarfare?q=call%20of%20duty%204

Now if you excuse me, I'm going back to play some Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction! 

Ok, that AAA bullshit your spittin is ridiculous.  Uncharted is off by .180%, so its not AAA?  I hate the f*ckin term AAA, people can't even get the term straight.  Christ, please, if you've been involved in playing and watching the best games this generation you know what is AAA and what is not.  Ratchet and Uncharted are both "AAA", I can't speak for the others. 

Uncharted is not an AAA game. It missed the mark by .180%. 0.99 is not 1. Okay? I hate the stupid AAA thing too, but most of the people here only speak video game language. You can't teach English to everyone. Ratchet and Uncharted are AA games. They are not AAA games. Stop messing with the rules of the game reviews. This is why Metacritic, and Game Rankings exist. They exist, so that people don't have to follow single, worthless opinions anymore, but the average of a compilation of many opinions, which is far more accurate on determining how good a game is. But when you try to force your opinion through these websites, and try to change things around, it makes the whole thing worthless, doesn't it? YOU ARE WRONG!

This option is for people who lack the brain power to look into things themselves.  ANYONE who looks to anything other than themselves for a final say is a dumbass, plain and simple.  You can miss out on wonderful games because of a rating system that says .180% less than 90% banishes you from being a great game, what a load of crap.  Rather than make a set of rules that people will follow as blindly as you, we should educate people in doing the opposite.  Reviewers can be retarded, if you haven't noticed.  And I believe that most of the people who visit here have the foresight not rely on other people's opinions.  Don't follow my opinion, follow nobody's, at least not as a final word on whether a game is "AAA" of "AA", please.  I shudder to think about how many amazing games are not "special" because they didn't get .1% higher on gamerankings.  Please, anyone who uses that pile of fail to determine exactly what a game is is stupid.  They are only VERY rough estimates.

Incorrect again. Why so many errors? I play Mario Party Advance. MARIO PARTY ADVANCE!!!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gba/mariopartyadvance?q=mario%20party%20advance

I play all games, including the ones that got less than 90%. Okay? Do you want to spend $80 on Sonic the Hedgehog for Playstation 3 to see how bad it is, or do you want to read the reviews? Do you want to spend $60 on Donkey Kong Barrel Blast? Do you want to spend $80 on Jumper, or Spider-Man 3? Go for it. Personally, I'd rather keep my money, and read the reviews. I do not miss out on games that got less than 90%, because I play them anyways, but I accept the fact that they are not AAA games. So go waste your money, so that you can get your own opinion on all the shitty games out there. I will listen to the media, because I don't like to waste my money. AAA games = 90%+. If you don't like that, then you don't like the whole rating system. I don't like to go by letters. I like to go by numbers. But since this whole "A, AA, AAA" thing came out of nowhere, I use it, because most of the people here use it. Uncharted is not an AAA games. Too many flaws, and such. Yes, it's a good game, but not a masterpiece. It's as simple as that. If you love it, that's okay by you, but accept the fact that it, universally, is not a universally acclaimed video game. Done. Man, oh, man. Don't argue with me. Stop assuming things. Stop trying to make connections, just because some games are not AAA games, or better yet, games that got less than 90%, does not make them bad, does not make me not want to play them, but only means that they are universally inferior to those that got 90%+. UNIVERSALLY INFERIOR!!! Okay? Some may think other wise, but the world, as a whole, likes them less than the masterpieces.

Fastrabbit09 said:
people still delusional and think the ps3 can beat the wii (even tho wii's 2008 sales>>ps3's 2006+2007+2008 sales):

username1234
mars

anyone else?

I do not think the Playstation 3 will beat the Wii. Maybe the Xbox 360, but I doubt it can touch the Wii. However, sales don't make, or break a console. At the end, it's all about the games. Wii has more AAA... Wait... Why am I using these stupid letters again? 90%+... That's better... Games than the Playstation 3, but the Playstation 3 has more 80%+ games, so the Playstation 3 has more, good games, but the Wii has more, masterpieces. Never-the-less, Metal Gear Solid 4 will be gold! No... It will be diamond!