By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is the mouse your favorite gaming controller?

What everyone else said; best for RTS, excellent for FPS but not great for many other genres.

Around the Network

I hate using a mouse for gaming.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Only for FPS and RTS.

I love how UT3 on ps3 let you to use the mouse. I can kill many more people this way.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

I don't know how well the Wii-mote is implimented in games. I hear people talking about MP3, but I have yet to try it out. I did, however, play Resident Evil: UC two weeks ago and I dreaded the response time of my movement with the on screen cursor. Aiming felt like the world around me was moving in slow motion while I was moving in regular speed. When it comes to the Wii-mote, I dislike the button config and the lack of buttons when compared to the mouse/keyboard and when it comes to the motion sensor, I couldn't care less and I think that it hurts my wrists and elbows so I would rather have a button compared to having to throw my arm around trying to do the same thing.

When it comes to a regular controller verses a mouse, I feel like I'm suddenly gimped when I try to use a controller for a shooter. I can get used to it after time, but I feel much more comfortable when I'm using a keyboard and mouse.

Anyway, mouse and keyboard is what I like when comparing something like a FPS on a console and PC.

i think the wii mote for fps is dead on, also the pointer function could chisel away some of mouses dominence for RTS--but not sure just yet

Around the Network

The mouse and keyboard is one of the worst controllers ever. Any controller that can effectively play two or three genres and is ineffective for almost every other genre can never be the best. A gaming controller can effectively play almost every genre if tweaked right. There are better options, but people have enjoyed FPSes just fine on a controller, as it is good at mapping controls for almost every genre out there. I would say the only two it can't emulate very well are real time strategy games and point and click adventures.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

RTS and FPS and a few other random games like Silent hunter (Althought the controls for that could be changed quite easily) But i love both the Wii-mote and normal pads,
Satarn Pad was terrible - Arcade Stick for Fighting games.

No....I played Halo:CE and there were lots of buttons on the KB....Maybe I'm playing the wrjng game?

It is good. But depends on the game i guess

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

nope. boobaxis

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/123318.html

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.