By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is the mouse your favorite gaming controller?

twesterm said:
I use to prefer mouse and keyboard for RTS and FPS games, but after Metroid Prime 3 I think it's only best for RTS games.

doesn't MetroidP3 use auto aim though?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
twesterm said:
I use to prefer mouse and keyboard for RTS and FPS games, but after Metroid Prime 3 I think it's only best for RTS games.

doesn't MetroidP3 use auto aim though?

No. The lock-on is for missiles and camera control. It's entirely possible to lock on to one target and blast away another one.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
The mouse's main weakness is that it requires a desk...

I would say keyboard and mouse requires a desk but a mouse alone doesn't. I like to play TBS like Civ 4  sometimes relaxing on the couch with my mouse and pad laying on the couch beside me. :)

One of the big advantages with a desk is I can play PC game and watch TV at the same time.

Im a Hardcore PC gamer, and i need Meh Mouse, and keyborad

Wiimote is the future for me... it's only a first step in that direction, and already a great one, and i think we'll know other improvments in the next generations...

I find it way more natural than a keyboard, that's for sure... (i'm not talkin about the mouse in itself, which is great, but you always need a keyboard too, so...)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

The only games that benefit most from mouse is FPS RTS and maybe minesweeper.
Wiimote isn't even close to a mouse when it comes to pin point accuracy.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Strategyking92 said:

I think the mouse is the best gaming controller ever, it's easy to move, lets your hands not be clumped together like a system controller(besides wii that is) and it is very accurate if you're using an optical mouse(the balled ones are weird, they get messed up after a while.)

Anyway, the keyboard and mouse is the best way to play games I think.

I would say yes and no. it is great for an RTS (the best in my opinion) and pretty good for a FPS, but for racing i would def choose the 360 controller or a steering wheel. and to 68 soul, the wiimote isnt the future, unless you meann the futre of 8 year olds and shovelware inc (aka Ubisoft)

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

Depends on the game. I prefer mouse/KB for FPS and RTS, but I prefer a console controller for platformers, action.adventure, etc.

twesterm said:

I sorta agree...

I think the Wii-Mote FPS controls are solid for most FPS games but really fast games I would still say I prefer the M&KB...down the line with better tech I think the Wii-Mote style will suplant M&KB entirely for FPS but for right now I think it still has a place in the world of frag.

And its not quite the mouse that is the king of RTS so much as it is the keyboard...I think I would love a Wii-Mote & Keyboard combo actually...gotta have hotkeys and I really like the pointer functionality better than the mouse in general....but that might just be me. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

MOH:H2 on highest settings is pretty much perfection. Plus, the feeling of an extension of your body is unmatched.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception