By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Games Consultant Believes Nintendo NX Could Be "The Defining Video Game Controller Of The Smart Device Age"

for the sake of the industry I hope Nintendo keeps innovating.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
torok said:

Because using an iPad as a controller isn't a gimmick.

Most of the games i play do not force you to use the gamepad, so no.

That just shows that it's a gimmick and very few game actually have an use for a tablet controller. Don't forget that it's expensive and drives the cost of the base unit up.

mindbogglingly dense.
I already made a huge thread about how it's a tablet.
Get over it, media!

bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Oh I really hope he's wrong. I'd actually like to like a Nintendo console. Their games are fine, but that's all I want. I want to play some Nintendo games and I don't want to have to put up with some stupid gimmicks to do it. Please just release a regular console Nintendo.

You should get a Wii U, no gimmicks there.

Except for the gamepad, although I will admit it does actually work quite well as a controller. I had a Wii U but MK8 was literally the only game I used it for. Now if Nintendo come out next gen with a decent console at a decent price (usually more of a Sony/MS problem rather than Nintendo ) get MK, a good Mario game (hopefully 64 re release as well, that re release for the VC kinda made me wish I still had a Wii U) and a Pokemon game and I'd buy that up!

I would say it's the opitome of a controller that doesn't force gimmicks on the player. It's funny to think of the backlash it gets because of that fact too. "All it's used for is item management, off tv play, and minimaps", well that's exactly what I want it for! Not sure why people want things forced into games. 

The forced thing comes from the fact people are forced to look away from the TV screen, for those things. It's not like the DS. And my opinon, it doesn't add anything to the experiance.

torok said:
bigtakilla said:

Most of the games i play do not force you to use the gamepad, so no.

That just shows that it's a gimmick and very few game actually have an use for a tablet controller. Don't forget that it's expensive and drives the cost of the base unit up.

Still it's a very gimmickless console.

Around the Network

Hopefully, the analyst is wrong. I don't want to use a glove or the like to play games...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

archer9234 said:
bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Oh I really hope he's wrong. I'd actually like to like a Nintendo console. Their games are fine, but that's all I want. I want to play some Nintendo games and I don't want to have to put up with some stupid gimmicks to do it. Please just release a regular console Nintendo.

You should get a Wii U, no gimmicks there.

Except for the gamepad, although I will admit it does actually work quite well as a controller. I had a Wii U but MK8 was literally the only game I used it for. Now if Nintendo come out next gen with a decent console at a decent price (usually more of a Sony/MS problem rather than Nintendo ) get MK, a good Mario game (hopefully 64 re release as well, that re release for the VC kinda made me wish I still had a Wii U) and a Pokemon game and I'd buy that up!

I would say it's the opitome of a controller that doesn't force gimmicks on the player. It's funny to think of the backlash it gets because of that fact too. "All it's used for is item management, off tv play, and minimaps", well that's exactly what I want it for! Not sure why people want things forced into games. 

The forced thing comes from the fact people are forced to look away from the TV screen, for those things. It's not like the DS. And my opinon, it doesn't add anything to the experiance.

Only in the same way a minimap will force you to look at the corner of the screen it is displayed on. 

You gotta love how just by saying they are working on any 2 letters code named project, people will talk about them.

bigtakilla said:

It was built around the gimmick of having a screen on its controller. It uses outdated hardware to be cheaper and allow them to put the money in the controller. The controller choice actually forced their hand to make a weaker hardware so, if it isn't used, it only makes the console worse.

torok said:
bigtakilla said:

It was built around the gimmick of having a screen on its controller. It uses outdated hardware to be cheaper and allow them to put the money in the controller. The controller choice actually forced their hand to make a weaker hardware so, if it isn't used, it only makes the console worse.

It is used, just not for gimmicks. ;).

Also, I highly question the controller making Nintendo go with weaker hardware. It's just something Nintendo has done this past decade. (Console and Handheld)