By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's new mobile game partner is hit with layoffs

daredevil.shark said:
cycycychris said:

I Change titles of articles all the time if I feel they are miss fitting. the title is nothing but click bait.  It should be "DeNA is hit with lay offs". If you insist with nintendo being in it,  a less blatant click bait name would be. "DeNA, nintendo mobile partner, is hit with lay offs. "

If you want to change info on op, that's your choice.

After the "positive" responses I got; especially one directly at me I wont be changing it now.

If you are easily offended if the bad title of Gamespot get justified contra you shouldn't copy the bad stuff from gamespot. Except the one moderated post no comment was directed against you. But if you insist on copying news you have to expect people commenting about it, and even complaining about the news if it shows signs of bad journalism. As you didn't wrote it you shouldn't take this criticism personally.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
"We've got Nintendo devs now, we don't need any of you losers."

Do they even have any devs themself? As I see it, they only host games of others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeNA#Mobile_Games_and_Products

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hedra42 said:
Dunban67 said:
SpokenTruth said:

And people wonder why I never use Gamestop as a source.  Their entire premise (DeNA developing the games) and hence their purpose behind this article (to draw negative connotations to Nintendo via DeNA's game departments) is flawed.

Daredevil.Shark, I know you have a penchant for delivering negative Nintendo news but if the article is outright false, it's probably best to leave it where you found it.

Did you even read the article you linked?  There is nothing false in it-  Most of it was simply quoting spokesman from DeNA

DeNA is helping develop some of the games and they are helping them get to the mobile market-  Besides who is doing excatly what between DeNA and Nintenod is not really  the point of the article anyway-  Is the repoting of a legit, tiley and pertinent story offnd your senses-  there are plenty of Nintendo "echo chambers" on the net if that is what you are looking for- (the Wii U is sellng like gangbusters and the 3DS should surpass the DS in sales any day now-  is that better?)

@ Bolded: We've been through this already - DeNA is not 'helping develop some of the games'. Nintendo is developing the game product. DeNA is responsible for the service, as backed up with quotes from Iwata in previous posts.

Now do a Google search with the words Nintendo, DeNA, and Layoff.

Almost every news article concerning the layoffs has DeNA in the title, and identifies them as Nintendo's mobile partner. DeNA is clearly the subject of those articles. Gamespot's article does not even mention DeNA's company name anywhere in the title, making the negative focus of the news appear more Nintendo-centric than DeNA-centric.

This, I believe, is the point of SpokenTruth's post quoted above, and also the point of the backlash against the OP for choosing Gamespot's heading as the title of the thread and using Gamespot's article as their source.

This is not about posting stories that will 'offend the senses', it's how they're reported.

And note, that he said IF the article is outright false - he did not state that it is outright false. Except for the skewed focus of the article's title and the misinformation about DeNA developing the games in the final sentence, the rest of Gamespot's article on the layoffs contains pretty much the same details as most of the other reports.

Iwata s quote said "primarily and mainly"  not exclusivley-  also depend s on your definition of development -  they are still "helping get the games to the market-  you guys are splitting hairs for not reason-  the article is in no way inacurate-  and most of the articles about the news release were quoting Gamespot-  it is publc news- they were all cometng on the same news release from DeNA-  It is hard to even call it an article as it is really a pretty straight forward reporting of news given by DeNA.

Look at the quotes you supplied by Iwata--  DeNA has alot more experiecne at making mobile games so they will be helping them with that aspect of it-  at least a reasonable person can read that

I am sorry all Nintendo  news is not in the echo chamber-  and the part you guys are dispuitng really is not the point of the story anyway-  

Outside of gaming sites people read and write abot Nintendo like any other company-  

Why so sensistive about basic business news-

FYI  did you know that the Wii u is still being sold at a loss?  (at least according to  Iwatas last publc comments on the matter from last year s  Investor Q and A-  I may have seen 1 or 2 people trying ot put the corrrect info out even though there were dozens of articlles and peole saying otherwsie based on 1 misinformed quote by a guy that did not represnt Nintendo-   AKA when it comes ot Nintendo many of their more vocal fans seem to beleive what they want regardless of reason or fact

FYI DeNA's stock opened up slightly on moderate volume (compared to volume since the Nintendo announcement) and is currently trading down slightly - so it looks like the market already factored the news and was not surprised, so i m sure Nintendo was not surprised either-

Dunban67 said:
Hedra42 said:
Dunban67 said:

Did you even read the article you linked?  There is nothing false in it-  Most of it was simply quoting spokesman from DeNA

DeNA is helping develop some of the games and they are helping them get to the mobile market-  Besides who is doing excatly what between DeNA and Nintenod is not really  the point of the article anyway-  Is the repoting of a legit, tiley and pertinent story offnd your senses-  there are plenty of Nintendo "echo chambers" on the net if that is what you are looking for- (the Wii U is sellng like gangbusters and the 3DS should surpass the DS in sales any day now-  is that better?)

@ Bolded: We've been through this already - DeNA is not 'helping develop some of the games'. Nintendo is developing the game product. DeNA is responsible for the service, as backed up with quotes from Iwata in previous posts.

Now do a Google search with the words Nintendo, DeNA, and Layoff.

Almost every news article concerning the layoffs has DeNA in the title, and identifies them as Nintendo's mobile partner. DeNA is clearly the subject of those articles. Gamespot's article does not even mention DeNA's company name anywhere in the title, making the negative focus of the news appear more Nintendo-centric than DeNA-centric.

This, I believe, is the point of SpokenTruth's post quoted above, and also the point of the backlash against the OP for choosing Gamespot's heading as the title of the thread and using Gamespot's article as their source.

This is not about posting stories that will 'offend the senses', it's how they're reported.

And note, that he said IF the article is outright false - he did not state that it is outright false. Except for the skewed focus of the article's title and the misinformation about DeNA developing the games in the final sentence, the rest of Gamespot's article on the layoffs contains pretty much the same details as most of the other reports.

Iwata s quote said "primarily and mainly"  not exclusivley-  also depend s on your definition of development -  they are still "helping get the games to the market-  you guys are splitting hairs for not reason-  the article is in no way inacurate-  and most of the articles about the news release were quoting Gamespot-  it is publc news- they were all cometng on the same news release from DeNA-  It is hard to even call it an article as it is really a pretty straight forward reporting of news given by DeNA.

Look at the quotes you supplied by Iwata--  DeNA has alot more experiecne at making mobile games so they will be helping them with that aspect of it-  at least a reasonable person can read that

I am sorry all Nintendo  news is not in the echo chamber-  and the part you guys are dispuitng really is not the point of the story anyway-  

Outside of gaming sites people read and write abot Nintendo like any other company-  

Why so sensistive about basic business news-

FYI  did you know that the Wii u is still being sold at a loss?  (at least according to  Iwatas last publc comments on the matter from last year s  Investor Q and A-  I may have seen 1 or 2 people trying ot put the corrrect info out even though there were dozens of articlles and peole saying otherwsie based on 1 misinformed quote by a guy that did not represnt Nintendo-   AKA when it comes ot Nintendo many of their more vocal fans seem to beleive what they want regardless of reason or fact

You have gone from saying that DeNA is developing most of the games to DeNA is helping develop some of the games, to DeNA is helping get the games to the market.

You are saying that most other articles are quoting Gamespot, when in fact, Gamespot and the others were quoting from Gamesbeat, who had the exclusive (and incidentally, also ommitted DeNA's name from the title). Gamespot added on the part about DeNA 'helping to develop'. 

Dunban, you are free to choose to believe second-hand information and you can interpret direct quotes from the companies in any way you wish, but it is clear to the rest of us that as far as role division is concerned, Nintendo is doing the "Product", i.e., developing the games and DeNA is doing the "Service" side of things, because those are where each company's strengths lie. There may be some crossover of roles in certain situations, they even hinted that might happen in the recent investor Q&A, but both CEOs have made that role division quite clear.

Despite this, you have demonstrated that there is likely to be much confusion and misinterpretation about how this partnership will work, so while only partially relevant to this topic, this was probably an important discussion to have.

Nobody is being sensitive about the news of the layoffs. What has irked people here is is that the title of Gamespot's article could have actually included DeNA in the title, and the OP could have chosen a more accurate article to quote.

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:

Predicted who posted this thread. Wasn't disappointed.

Moderated - Starcraft

Oh stop your whining. Someone has to post news for us to talk about.

I see news on here that was on NeoGAF days ago. If the OP didn't post any news it would be more boring than it already is.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SpokenTruth said:
Euphoria14 said:

Oh stop your whining. Someone has to post news for us to talk about.

I see news on here that was on NeoGAF days ago. If the OP didn't post any news it would be more boring than it already is.

Or he could have selected a media outlet that actually reported on the news itself without the unecessary allusion to some form of failure by Nintendo.

If you could find better than supply it, that way the OP can update it. Isn't his job to take some users over sensitivity into account.

It's an article that referenced Nintendo, which has a partnership stake in DeNa. Not sure why some people are getting so upset. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Unfortunately, this thread has moved away from conversation about the news toward conversation about each other. Accusing others of ulterior motives and hidden agendas, generalizing fan bases, and attacking forum members does not a good thread make.

Locking this now, before the conversation derails completely and moderation becomes necessary.