By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8? Bayonetta 2? PLZ xD

Is Deus Ex Human Revolution the best game on Wii U?

Yes 28 50.00%

yes. 28 50.00%

Total:56
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Rayman Legends has 91% and Shovel Knight 87%. Those games aren't even in the same league as DKC: TF.

I wasn't talking about DKC: TF when I mentioned low review scores. Mario vs. DK, Codename Steam, Mario Party 10, etc.

Those games weren't scored higher (or lower) because they were from Nintendo.

Why aren't they on the same league? Because it's Nintendo?

Sure, buddy. Sure.

Those two games are very well crafted games in their own right. And besides, Metacritics doesn't take into account the fact that all scores aren't given by the same reviewers for each games. So take that any way that you will. Metacritics talk has always been petty. There are so many things that influence the score of a game... Time of release, amount of available games from that genre, different reviewers, studios making it, price/value, etc...

But again, whatever you say. 

Because I've played them all to form an opinion on them. SK is an unremarkable platformer that does nothing new and looks ugly.

One third of Rayman Legends is plagued by annoying gamepad gimmicks. Most of the levels all blend together and feel too samey. The major exception being the music levels. I bought this game for half the price not soon after release date. Clearly people agree with me that the game isn't appealing enough at full price.

I've also read a lot of the reviews on metacritic and some were beyond stupid and unfair like gamespot.

DKC: TF also has a higher userscore on metacritic than those two games. ;)

I'm planning to make a topic here with a poll about the best 2D platformer on the Wii U after Yoshi's Woolly World released. We'll see who wins. I"ll even post it in the gaming discussion as to attract all kinds of fans and not just Nintendo fans.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

Why aren't they on the same league? Because it's Nintendo?

Sure, buddy. Sure.

Those two games are very well crafted games in their own right. And besides, Metacritics doesn't take into account the fact that all scores aren't given by the same reviewers for each games. So take that any way that you will. Metacritics talk has always been petty. There are so many things that influence the score of a game... Time of release, amount of available games from that genre, different reviewers, studios making it, price/value, etc...

But again, whatever you say. 

Because I've played them all to form an opinion on them. SK is an unremarkable platformer that does nothing new and looks ugly.

One third of Rayman Legends is plagued by annoying gamepad gimmicks. Most of the levels all blend together and feel too samey. The major exception being the music levels. I bought this game for half the price not soon after release date. Clearly people agree with me that the game isn't appealing enough at full price.

I've also read a lot of the reviews on metacritic and some were beyond stupid and unfair like gamespot.

I'm planning to make a topic here with a poll about the best 2D platformer on the Wii U after Yoshi's Woolly World released. We'll see who wins. I"ll even post it in the gaming discussion as to attract all kinds of fans and not just Nintendo fans.

Thank you for proving my point. =)

Nah, there are more Wii U games that are better than this IMO, both first and third party.

I have it and nope.

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Thank you for proving my point. =)

If your point is that I like it because it's Nintendo then you're wrong. I hate the New Super Mario Bros. series or Kirby's Rainbow Curse (who thought that was a good idea?).

So yeah. 

Around the Network

It walks a brilliant balance between action and RPG. The gamepad only makes it better. But Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 are still more fun to me.

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

People complain about it because it wasn't made by Rocksteady.

Gamers and critics can be very predictable.

Would Skyward Sword have 93% on metacritic if it wasn't Zelda? Would TLOU be so highly praised if it wasn't made by Naughty Dog? I personally don't think so.

Would Nintendo games score as high as they do if they weren't made by them?

I don't think so.

They would probably not be as polished if they were not made by them...

NOPE; TROPICAL FREEZE ^_^

KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

Would Nintendo games score as high as they do if they weren't made by them?

I don't think so.

News flash: Nintendo isn't the only developer to make highly polished games. -__-

Hynad said:
KLXVER said:

News flash: Nintendo isn't the only developer to make highly polished games. -__-

So the reason why they get great scores is......because Nintendo.

Great. You should be a writer.