By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8? Bayonetta 2? PLZ xD

Is Deus Ex Human Revolution the best game on Wii U?

Yes 28 50.00%

yes. 28 50.00%

Total:56
KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

News flash: Nintendo isn't the only developer to make highly polished games. -__-

So the reason why they get great scores is......because Nintendo.

Great. You should be a writer.

Highly polished doesn't mean they're better, more original or more fun than what other devs put out.

And that last line of yours... I won't bite. Try harder.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
KLXVER said:

So the reason why they get great scores is......because Nintendo.

Great. You should be a writer.

Highly polished doesn't mean they're better, more original or more fun than what other devs put out.

No it doesnt, but it means they wont get points taken away from being unpolished...

KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

No it doesnt, but it means they wont get points taken away from being unpolished...

There aren't that many games that get points deduced for being unpolished.

Samus Aran said:
KLXVER said:
I was really surprised how much I liked Batman: Arkham Origins. Heard so much shit about the game, but I think it was better than Arkham City.

People complain about it because it wasn't made by Rocksteady.

Gamers and critics can be very predictable.

Would Skyward Sword have 93% on metacritic if it wasn't Zelda? Would TLOU be so highly praised if it wasn't made by Naughty Dog? I personally don't think so.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, to be fair there were a LOT of technical problems that I'm not sure were fixed even to today..... 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-origins-has-no-plans-to-fix-several-game-breaking-bugs/1100-6417619/

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Patch-1-06-is-it-even-a-possibility/m-p/122949/highlight/true#M15908

Hynad said:
KLXVER said:

So are you saying that most reviewers are Nintendo fanboys? That Nintendo is paying them off? What?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

So are your saying that most reviewers are Nintendo fanboys? That Nintendo is paying them off? What?

You seem to be seeing things. I don't know why you jump to these conclusions.

All I'm saying is that I believe your statement that Nintendo games wouldn't be as polished if they were made by any other developer comes off as overly presumptuous. There are plenty other developers who make games just as polished as Nintendo ones. 

in no world rayman legends is almost 10 points better than DKCTF than metacritic suggests.

Hynad said:
KLXVER said:

So are your saying that most reviewers are Nintendo fanboys? That Nintendo is paying them off? What?

You seem to be seeing things. I don't know why you jump to these conclusions.

All I'm saying is that I believe your statement that Nintendo games wouldn't be as polished if they were made by any other developer comes off as overly presumptuous. There are plenty other developers who make games just as polished as Nintendo ones. 

I never said they didnt. But you said that Nintendo games gets high scores because they are made by Nintendo. So I said that might be because they are polished. Nintendo games are kinda unique, so its hard to compare their games to others.

@Hynad, Samus, and KLX

You guys have derailed this thread enough. The thread is about whether or not you've played Deus Ex: Human Revolution and where it stands among the Wii U's all time great games. It is not about whether Nintendo games get special treatment in game reviews.

Please get back on topic or take it somewhere else. Thanks.

Slade6alpha said:
Mario 3D World says, what's up.

smash bros 4 says, u to

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3