By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8? Bayonetta 2? PLZ xD

Is Deus Ex Human Revolution the best game on Wii U?

Yes 28 50.00%

yes. 28 50.00%

Total:56
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

People complain about it because it wasn't made by Rocksteady.

Gamers and critics can be very predictable.

Would Skyward Sword have 93% on metacritic if it wasn't Zelda? Would TLOU be so highly praised if it wasn't made by Naughty Dog? I personally don't think so.

Would Nintendo games score as high as they do if they weren't made by them?

I don't think so.

Did you even read my post?

Around the Network

I need to play this version

I bought this game on steam for 4 dollars before the WiiU version was out.

If it would be free I would give it a chance but since it was completely overpriced the time it launched I had no interest in giving it a chance.

Gift me the game and I will try it out :)

Ah back when third parties put effort into ports only to realize that SHOCKER people aren't going to run out and pay $60 for a two year old game they can get for peanuts everywhere else. Still hear a lot that this is the definitive version, which is good.

It's a remarkable port of a less remarkable game.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

Would Nintendo games score as high as they do if they weren't made by them?

I don't think so.

I did. I'm just making it clearer. 

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Nintendo isn't one studio and there's plenty of Nintendo games with low review scores.

A game like DKC: TF would definitely get higher review scores if it wasn't made by Nintendo.

Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

Nintendo isn't one studio and there's plenty of Nintendo games with low review scores.

A game like DKC: TF would definitely get higher review scores if it wasn't made by Nintendo.

Ha ha ha. It's at 83 on metacritics.  Not a low score at all. And after playing it, I would say it's about the right score. I'd give it around 85 myself. It's good. Amazing even at times, but it's not the greatest 2D platformer out there. And certainly not the best Retro as done. 

But whatever you say. xD

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Ha ha ha. It's at 83 on metacritics.  Not a low score at all. And after playing it, I would say it's about the right score. I'd give it around 85 myself. It's good. Amazing even at times, but it's not the greatest 2D platformer out there. And certainly not the best Retro as done. 

But whatever you say. xD

Rayman Legends has 91% and Shovel Knight 87%. Those games aren't even in the same league as DKC: TF.

I wasn't talking about DKC: TF when I mentioned low review scores. Mario vs. DK, Codename Steam, Mario Party 10, etc.

Those games weren't scored higher (or lower) because they were from Nintendo.

Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

But whatever you say. xD

Rayman Legends has 91% and Shovel Knight 87%. Those games aren't even in the same league as DKC: TF.

I wasn't talking about DKC: TF when I mentioned low review scores. Mario vs. DK, Codename Steam, Mario Party 10, etc.

Those games weren't scored higher (or lower) because they were from Nintendo.

Why aren't they on the same league? Because it's Nintendo?

Sure, buddy. Sure.

Those two games are very well crafted games in their own right. And besides, Metacritics doesn't take into account the fact that all scores aren't given by the same reviewers for each games. So take that any way that you will. Metacritics talk has always been petty. There are so many things that influence the score of a game... Time of release, amount of available games from that genre, different reviewers, studios making it, price/value, etc...

But again, whatever you say.