By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How a small studio's chance at big time died at Microsoft's doorstep

Chazore said:
Burek said:

Based on what was shown in that 3 minute video a few weeks ago, Microsoft was wise not to waste any more money.

This, I honestly don't get why MS should have poured more money in, something like this was never going to take off in a big way and even then it wouldn't make the money back of 8 million.

Why is it that recent negative M news is being posted by someone not from the MS crowd?, it just seems like throwing wood to the fire if you ask me.

As always all eyes on Microsoft.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
It was a smart move. MS is wise to make sure a game is on budget and on schedule. Sony would be wise to do stuff like this too. They wasted millions on projects that took far too long to happen and in some cases never happened. If MS was running the show I'm betting that TLG would have been canceled long ago.

If MS was in charge, TLG would be a Progect SPARK game.

Well if theyre going to reboot one of their franchises, then they should have picked a franchise more than 8 people have played to begin with...

Strong agenda with this article.

Nobody was buying into the game. They didn't 15 yrs ago, they certainly werent going to now.

8 mil could have funded 2 or 3 Ori/ Limbo type games that would have been profitable within the first week of release.

There was no hope for this game and certainly for this studio if they thought Phantom Dust warranted a remaster.

Burek said:

Based on what was shown in that 3 minute video a few weeks ago, Microsoft was wise not to waste any more money.

what video?

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Strong agenda with this article.

Nobody was buying into the game. They didn't 15 yrs ago, they certainly werent going to now.

8 mil could have funded 2 or 3 Ori/ Limbo type games that would have been profitable within the first week of release.

There was no hope for this game and certainly for this studio if they thought Phantom Dust warranted a remaster.

I agree with this^^^^

No need to piss in the wind...

It is near the end of the end....

I'm so glad the OP made sure not to pick sides in this situation, despite the title maybe leading to an opposition. The story didn't need to label both sides as anything. There are too much threads where in the OP has a bias and aren't embarrassed to share their side. In reality, this is what occurs on the daily for not just the video game industry but whatever industry you're are working at. There is no such thing as a sure thing and the story between both small studio and Microsoft is the norm for hungry-eyed small businesses. Thank you for that, it's refreshing.

spemanig said:
bunchanumbers said:
It was a smart move. MS is wise to make sure a game is on budget and on schedule. Sony would be wise to do stuff like this too. They wasted millions on projects that took far too long to happen and in some cases never happened. If MS was running the show I'm betting that TLG would have been canceled long ago.

If MS was in charge, TLG would be a Progect SPARK game.

I assume you have a magical crystal ball.

Chazore said:
Burek said:

This, I honestly don't get why MS should have poured more money in, something like this was never going to take off in a big way and even then it wouldn't make the money back of 8 million.

Why is it that recent negative M news is being posted by someone not from the MS crowd?, it just seems like throwing wood to the fire if you ask me.

I didn't knew VGC had such rules. Do they? If you have can you please link the rule?

View on YouTube