By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Next President of the USA will be........

Hillary or McCain deserve to be president and ultimately one of them will prevail.

Around the Network

Although Obamas "Change" slogan is working it seems I dont believe it will be enough. I am a conservative and voted for President Bush last election because I feel his views are the closest to my own. Unfortutantly I am beginning to see that having a president that is to either wing of the party doesnt work in the best interest of the country.

I still think President Bush was a good president, however, and that he gets an unfair shake when it comes to his presidency. I think this country is doing alot of thinking on emotion and not the big picture. The war hasn't been a disaster, hasn't been a success but with the current trend in terrorism in the middle east, I believe it was important to have our ideals get a foothold there and allow the people there to see how it can be. A western presence in the middle east will be crucial in the future of our nation and the future of the world.

Back to the current election. McCain will win because he is the most moderate candidate and believes in America. He believes in making us a better country. Obama and Hilary although they do a better job than John Kerry did, all they run on is a platform that says "You didnt like President Bush? Vote for me." In 2004 John Kerry said literally that and now the two candidates just use the word "change" to cover it up. Its not change we need, its a unified nation. If a democrat is elected president it will be the exact same as 2000 when President Bush was elected. Liberal Congress and Liberal President for 4 years, everyone gets pissed because they listen to alittle less than half of the country, then congress or presidency switches parties and nothing gets done for the next 4 years. McCain can unite Congress and McCain can unite the United States of America.

Sjdelonge182 said:
Although Obamas "Change" slogan is working it seems I dont believe it will be enough. I am a conservative and voted for President Bush last election because I feel his views are the closest to my own. Unfortutantly I am beginning to see that having a president that is to either wing of the party doesnt work in the best interest of the country.

I still think President Bush was a good president, however, and that he gets an unfair shake when it comes to his presidency. I think this country is doing alot of thinking on emotion and not the big picture. The war hasn't been a disaster, hasn't been a success but with the current trend in terrorism in the middle east, I believe it was important to have our ideals get a foothold there and allow the people there to see how it can be. A western presence in the middle east will be crucial in the future of our nation and the future of the world.

Back to the current election. McCain will win because he is the most moderate candidate and believes in America. He believes in making us a better country. Obama and Hilary although they do a better job than John Kerry did, all they run on is a platform that says "You didnt like President Bush? Vote for me." In 2004 John Kerry said literally that and now the two candidates just use the word "change" to cover it up. Its not change we need, its a unified nation. If a democrat is elected president it will be the exact same as 2000 when President Bush was elected. Liberal Congress and Liberal President for 4 years, everyone gets pissed because they listen to alittle less than half of the country, then congress or presidency switches parties and nothing gets done for the next 4 years. McCain can unite Congress and McCain can unite the United States of America.

I'll agree with the bolded parts.

Sjdelonge182 said:

Very interesting first post, but all you have to do is ... look at the 2006 elections. The Dems didn't lose a single seat in both houses, and the GOP lost big. What in the world makes you think anything has gotten better in 2 years? We are in the middle of a recession, the U.S. troops are still in Iraq due to the GOP wanting to stay the course and the housing closure crisis requires a real fix, not band-aids.

Oh well - the GOP better hope a terrorist attack or fear scares up votes, but folks are fed up over this foolishness. Just look at voter turnouts - and you'll know one thing - the Dems will win big and will own Congress and the White House.

McCain will continue the Bush administration - and voters won't give Bush or his cronies another term. 

WHY THE F*CK DO YOU PEOPLE WANT OBAMA TO WIN...?

HE DOESN'T EVEN SALUTE THE F*CKING FLAG...

MCCAIN 08!

Around the Network
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
WHY THE F*CK DO YOU PEOPLE WANT OBAMA TO WIN...?

HE DOESN'T EVEN SALUTE THE F*CKING FLAG...

MCCAIN 08!

The same question can be asked for you.

Why would people want Bush(McCain) to win?

mM

i hate all the guys (yes clinton is a guy) that are running.

But Mccain is the only one that i would rather have in office..

I hope your reasoning for not wanting Obama in office is atleast better than a picture floating around the internet. Give me some policy disagreements, dude.

^huh? what picture?

Ever since the democrats sent that tankard contract over to France instead of our own companies, i hope they lose.