By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will we see a Vita 3000 series this TGS? What should change?

Tagged games:

Any chance?

Yeah 17 16.04%

Dunno 20 18.87%

Nope 39 36.79%

What? 4 3.77%

Really? 5 4.72%

Please... 5 4.72%

Doom 16 15.09%

Total:106
lehamsy said:
The only chance Sony should make is to add two extra triggers for Vita 3000 and take out the rear touch pad. Period.

L2 and R2 buttons would be great!

But don't remove the touchpad, it actually has very useful functionality in some games, such as adjusting sniper zoom in Killzone. Also, no touchpad would make Remote Play impossible, unless they also make the sticks clickable (L3 and R3).

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

Release a 4G model, for Remote Play, PS Now, PS Vue, PS Video, PS Music, and ability to make calls/texts via ooVoo.

Increased RAM for enhanced multitasking only (No change for games).

Throw in a 4000mAh battery in it so it will last all day.

Offer it with built in memory (32GB or 64GB) + expandable via PS Vita Memory Cars.

That is all I want, the biggest of them being the 4G.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Get rid of the Vita memory cards. Go to SD cards. That alone will boost Vita sales.

Y'all are jumping the gun. We need to figure out actual sales of the handheld first to properly assess this question. 60mil+ confirmed d:

KBG29 said:

Release a 4G model, for Remote Play, PS Now, PS Vue, PS Video, PS Music, and ability to make calls/texts via ooVoo.

Offer it with built in memory (32GB or 64GB) + expandable via PS Vita Memory Cars.

KBC You do realise that this implies a big increase of the price...Right?

Around the Network

Bring back the OLED models.

*Hugs my 3 OLED models*

tak13 said:
KBG29 said:

KBC You do realise that this implies a big increase of the price...Right?

The On Board Storage would add a little, but the rest would almost make no difference. These components are very cheap. Things like the iPhone, Galaxy Phones, Xperia Z line, the actual build price on them is only in the mid $200 range. A Vita with all of the above, and 64GB of on board memory would be profitable or break even at $249.99. Break it back to no 4G, and no on board storage, and they would have a more funcational device, with a longer battery life at the same price or cheaper than it is today.

That is the beauty of the console market. Break even or low margin profit on the hardware, and make the profits from software and services. With consoles and handhelds you are not paying 70% mark ups like the tablet and smartphone industry.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

PS Vita Go confirmed!

Featuring 64 GB internal storage and no more cartridge slot

Non-proprietary memory cards and a better button layout (I wish). If they offset the control sticks a bit, it'd make it more comfortable to play. I always get hand cramps playing mine for long periods of time.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

If they got rid of stupid memory cards I think vita could reach 20 mil easily

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion