By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Splatoon will cross the million sold mark?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 233 67.73%

No 111 32.27%

Total:344
ktay95 said:
I fucking hope so, if it doesn't then I doubt it will receive a sequel and I will have no hope left in Nintendo's future with new IPs.
This is the game that we need to support, its the young guys being given a chance to head up a retail title on a new IP, its the future of Nintendo.

This; one of the main reasons I'm exicted for Splatoon and hope it does well is that it offers a glimpse of Nintendo's future once the old guard retire and fresh young blood takes over.
If it doesn't do well, good luck seeing another new IP from Nintendo, at least of this magnitude, and we'll get more safe, conservaive games and less risk and ambition.

Around the Network
chapset said:
naaaaaah it's just hyped here because people don't really have that many games to talk about

Ummm.... Want to bet it does 1mil? :)

curl-6 said:
Faust said:
its a new ip on a Nintendo system so nuff said

To be fair, so were Wii Sports, Bravely Default, Youkai Watch, Tomodachi Life, Nintendogs...

To be fair, the Wii, NDS and 3ds didn't tank like the Wii u. And Wii sports was bundled with every wii.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Considering the small list of games that have crossed 1 million on Wii U so far I have my doubts. It's possible, but I'm going with no for now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Areym said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair, so were Wii Sports, Bravely Default, Youkai Watch, Tomodachi Life, Nintendogs...

To be fair, the Wii, NDS and 3ds didn't tank like the Wii u. And Wii sports was bundled with every wii.

Pikmin did over a mil on it's GC debut.  Did it twice on that platform, as a matter of fact.  Install base effects sales obviously, but it doesn't just scale all sales down by some arbitrary percentage.  Metroid Prime 1 sold more than Metroid Prime 3, Prime Trilogy, or Metroid Other M despite all of those being on a larger install base.  Far larger.

I would say that the majority (though not all) new IP from Nintendo do well at least on their debut.  As such, I think 1mil is fairly easy for Splatoon. 

Around the Network

It depends on the marketing and word-of-mouth post launch.

tbone51 said:
chapset said:
naaaaaah it's just hyped here because people don't really have that many games to talk about

yeah sure, 1mil by when?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Areym said:
curl-6 said:

Captain Toad says hello :)

chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:

yeah sure, 1mil by when?

ok cool, a friendly bet!

I want to say end of 2016 for legs but how about 1mil+ shipped by end of 2015? (should be by nintendo since they give out numbers for biggger sellers

Areym said:
curl-6 said:

GC tanked, yet new IP Pikmin sold well on it. Being a new IP on a Nintendo platform is not at all a guarantee of failure.