By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Splatoon will cross the million sold mark?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 233 67.73%

No 111 32.27%

Total:344
AEGRO said:
Ljink96 said:
AEGRO said:
tbone51 said:

Ummm.... Want to bet it does 1mil? :)

I dont think it will reach 1 mil. I find Wonderful 101 waaay more appealing than Splatoon and we all know what happened with that game.

Things tend to sell a lot better when a huge name is tied to it. Platinum is big, but Nintendo...is way bigger and their games are a bit more philosophical which translates usually to an irresistable experience

People around here were pretty confident about Bayonetta 2 and the "Operation Platinum" before release, but the game havent reached the mil yet. Also, being a new IP makes me less confident about Splatoon than the fact that its being developed by Nintendo. Look at the chart of games that have sold one million or more on the Wii U and they are all recognized franchises (Mario, Mario Kart, Smash).

With all due respect, i dont understand the philosophical part of shooting paint to other people LOL

Kid icarus was dead in the water for years, it wasn't really recognized as a continuous Nintendo franchise...then comes Uprising. By philosophical, I mean their methods of game design and development. The have ways of making people love what they used to hate about games. I'm not saying you should believe any of this but, Splatoon will hit 1M with decent marketing efforts.

Around the Network

Splatoon will sell at least 1 million copies this year. You better believe this cause IT'S HAPPENING!

tbone51 said:
chapset said:

all right 1mil+ shipped by the end of 2015. good luck, you gonna need it mouhahahahahaha

I know it wont happen but i laugh if it did it at launch... or 1st month :p

Ok well remind me or i'll remind you of this bet!

Edit: just saw your sig.

How much on the shelves?:P

Yes, it will pass the million mark this year.

(And I will win my bet :P)

I hope it sells way more than a million. If they advertise it really well, it has a chance at more than 2 million.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
People around here were pretty confident about Bayonetta 2 and the "Operation Platinum" before release, but the game havent reached the mil yet. Also, being a new IP makes me less confident about Splatoon than the fact that its being developed by Nintendo. Look at the chart of games that have sold one million or more on the Wii U and they are all recognized franchises (Mario, Mario Kart, Smash).

With all due respect, i dont understand the philosophical part of shooting paint to other people LOL

If I recall correctly. Operation Platinum was to make sure it sold 1m lifetime. Not in 6 months. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
AEGRO said:

If I recall correctly. Operation Platinum was to make sure it sold 1m lifetime. Not in 6 months. 

Well, the game is currently at #484 on the Amazon Best Sellers Rank in VideoGames. As much as people want to see the game reaching One Million copies sold, at this rate i dont think that we will be still alive if the day comes. Operation Platinum failed.

AEGRO said:

Well, the game is currently at #484 on the Amazon Best Sellers Rank in VideoGames. As much as people want to see the game reaching One Million copies sold, at this rate i dont think that we will be still alive if the day comes. Operation Platinum failed.

And? It's at .66m sold on this site. Even if it's overtracked by like 100k, that's still over halfway there. So let's say it sells just 250k for the rest of the year (not unlikely), that would put it at 800k (if we assume it's overtracked by 100k). Then let's say it sells 150k next year, it would be at 950k and it would only need to sell 50k in the remainder of its entire life to get to 1m. This isn't an unreasonable assumption.

Operation Platinum hasn't failed until the Wii U is officially discontinued and it still hasn't made it to 1m.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I feel like it will hit at least 1m regardless of advertisement and bundles. It could hit 1.5 or 2m with them maybe even more I mean we have absolutely no idea.
Or it could bomb.
But I doubt it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Id be surprised if it didn't...