By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Splatoon will cross the million sold mark?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 233 67.73%

No 111 32.27%

Total:344

Pikmin did it on a similarly bad selling console, so Splatoon should be able to do similarly as it's probably more apealing with it's genre being popular rather than niche and having multiplayer.

Around the Network

Hope it does the Wii U should have at least one new IP that sells over a million.

I'm about 80% confident it will. Hyrule Warriors did and that was far less original.
As long as there's a bit of marketing and it reviews fairly well (looks like an 80+ on metacritic), it should manage the million.
If it does, I hope that'll mean it'll become a new long term series. I'd love to see them expand on it.

I just pre-ordered it. As a Prime member, I'll have it on launch day for nothing extra.

I can't wait.

It mostly depends on the marketing, if they market it well it's highly possible that it'll be a million seller, bundles can help too

Around the Network

Yes, LT > 1 million...

Japan 120k
Europe 300k (100k france alone!)
America 600k

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Yeah I think it definitely can, tbh I think it could be one of the Wii U's best sellers, mainly because it looks a hell of a lot of fun, it's a shooter, has multiplayer and it also seems to meld platformer mechanics with that.

A million is going to be easy, best seller if Nintendo actually markets it and bundles it.

Of course, I really don't see it sell less than 1 million! Maybe if it does well enough Nintendo will make a sequel!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think it can!

It has the potential and i'm pretty sure that it will.

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD