By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Splatoon will cross the million sold mark?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 233 67.73%

No 111 32.27%

Total:344
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
naaaaaah it's just hyped here because people don't really have that many games to talk about

Ummm.... Want to bet it does 1mil? :)

yeah sure, 1mil by when?

ok cool, a friendly bet!

I want to say end of 2016 for legs but how about 1mil+ shipped by end of 2015? (should be by nintendo since they give out numbers for biggger sellers

all right 1mil+ shipped by the end of 2015. good luck, you gonna need it mouhahahahahaha

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Areym said:
To be fair, the Wii, NDS and 3ds didn't tank like the Wii u. And Wii sports was bundled with every wii.

There have been successful new IPs on 'bad' selling Nintendo hardware also.

N64: Banjo-Kazooie, Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer, Perfect Dark, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, 1080 Snowboarding, Cruis'n USA, Paper Mario, Smash Bros., etc.

GCN: Pikmin, Animal Crossing (worldwide), Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, etc.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I think Splatoon has a fair chance of selling more than 1 million. Nintendo seems to be pushing the title and it actually does seem to be very interesting. The rather different approach the game takes is interesting to say the least

chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
naaaaaah it's just hyped here because people don't really have that many games to talk about

yeah sure, 1mil by when?

ok cool, a friendly bet!

I want to say end of 2016 for legs but how about 1mil+ shipped by end of 2015? (should be by nintendo since they give out numbers for biggger sellers

all right 1mil+ shipped by the end of 2015. good luck, you gonna need it mouhahahahahaha

I know it wont happen but i laugh if it did it at launch... or 1st month :p

Ok well remind me or i'll remind you of this bet!

Edit: just saw your sig.

tbone51 said:
chapset said:

I dont think it will reach 1 mil. I find Wonderful 101 waaay more appealing than Splatoon and we all know what happened with that game.

Around the Network

It CAN, but it matters if Nintendo want's to spend the money on advertising. Like, we know they have the money to advertise. They used to have that magic during Wii and DS but now...it's like the ads suck balls now.

AEGRO said:
tbone51 said:

I dont think it will reach 1 mil. I find Wonderful 101 waaay more appealing than Splatoon and we all know what happened with that game.

Things tend to sell a lot better when a huge name is tied to it. Platinum is big, but Nintendo...is way bigger and their games are a bit more philosophical which translates usually to an irresistable experience

Somehow it will.

AEGRO said:
tbone51 said:

But Splatoon is going to outsell W101 LTD in its FW :p

Ljink96 said:
AEGRO said:
tbone51 said:

Things tend to sell a lot better when a huge name is tied to it. Platinum is big, but Nintendo...is way bigger and their games are a bit more philosophical which translates usually to an irresistable experience

People around here were pretty confident about Bayonetta 2 and the "Operation Platinum" before release, but the game havent reached the mil yet. Also, being a new IP makes me less confident about Splatoon than the fact that its being developed by Nintendo. Look at the chart of games that have sold one million or more on the Wii U and they are all recognized franchises (Mario, Mario Kart, Smash).

With all due respect, i dont understand the philosophical part of shooting paint to other people LOL