By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want Sucker Punch to make next?

They should make...

A new IP 78 43.82%

Sly Cooper 31 17.42%

InFamous 52 29.21%

Other 7 3.93%

See results 10 5.62%

Total:178

I think the could make a great Kingdom Hearts-esque Action RPG if they wanted to make a new IP, either that, or a Sly Cooer reboot using Infamous:SS engine, and I think we're set for treat.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

It's time for Sly Cooper.

Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Infamous 2 with a better story, better dialogue, more interesting characters, better variety of content and bigger areas to explore.

So.... basically Infamous Second Son then?

Second Son had a terrible story. The first one had the best story. Gameplay has improved through them all though.  SS map was tiny too with with nothing to actually do in the game. Platinumed it in 15 hours and forgot about it. I go back to the first 2 every so often since they were great games.

OT go back to the older inFamous style games. New one wasn't great at all. His powers were pretty bad besides being able to run up walls which kind of ruined the free running aspect of the game. 

JerCotter7 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Infamous 2 with a better story, better dialogue, more interesting characters, better variety of content and bigger areas to explore.

So.... basically Infamous Second Son then?

Second Son had a terrible story. The first one had the best story. Gameplay has improved through them all though.  SS map was tiny too with with nothing to actually do in the game. Platinumed it in 15 hours and forgot about it. I go back to the first 2 every so often since they were great games.

OT go back to the older inFamous style games. New one wasn't great at all. His powers were pretty bad besides being able to run up walls which kind of ruined the free running aspect of the game. 

What's so great about the first inFamous's story?  Second Son had way better character progression and the relationship between Deslin and his brother was way better fleshed out than the one between Trish and Cole.

alternine said:
An official inFAMOUS 3 that ties Cole and Delsin together. That would be sick.

How would they even move in that scenario? Delsin would be electricuted immediately.

OT I first want my Infamous remastered collection.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
alternine said:

How would they even move in that scenario? Delsin would be electricuted immediately.

OT I first want my Infamous remastered collection.

Lol no I dont mean that they fuse with each other. I mean they meet each other and fight. And after that they would work together.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

New IP.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

alternine said:

If you have played the Infamous series you know that is not possible for two reasons: 

===Warning Spoilers===

1- The Second Son history occurs several years after the second game. Delsin was a child when Cole was the Main character.

2- At the end, in the second game, Cole died. So is not possible for Delsin and Cole to meet.  

The Infamous games have gotten progressively worse. The latest one wasn't bad - but it was just a tad generic and the series is feeling tired, after an outstanding beginning.

Time for a new IP!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
The Infamous games have gotten progressively worse. The latest one wasn't bad - but it was just a tad generic and the series is feeling tired, after an outstanding beginning.

Time for a new IP!

I agree. The problems with Infamous: Secon Son were magnified by all the pre-launch hype. We had interviews with the actors and developers telling us how the new motion capture techniques could pick up nuances of performances and we had a cast of great actors to go with that. If you're going to promote that kind of thing that heavily then your script and dialogue better deliver. It didn't. In fact it was puerile, vacuous and uninspired.  I know exactly at which point the game completely lost me. I actually put my controller down for a few minutes and thought 'this is very poor' (but in more colourful language). It was when Delcin's brother decided to become bait and started flapping his arms and saying 'I eat babies'. Add to this the uninspired locations and the uninspired enemies, and it all crumbled from that point on for me. I'd 'forgiven' it up to that point thinking it would perhaps improve ... but no, it continued to be the most uninteresting Infamous game I'd ever played. I gave it 5/10 on another forum and I stand by that score still, even after having time to reconsider and even having aknowledged the compat fluity had definitely improved.

A very poor game.

The PS5 Exists.