By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want Sucker Punch to make next?

They should make...

A new IP 78 43.82%

Sly Cooper 31 17.42%

InFamous 52 29.21%

Other 7 3.93%

See results 10 5.62%

Total:178
soulfly666 said:
alternine said:

Never did understand the Delsin hate. Its like just because he wears a beanie hes automatically a hipster lol

Alright so maybe hipster is not the right word here, but have you ever been to Washington?  The way he talks, things he talks about, attitude, way he talks to his brother, the pigeonhole of his part as "the rebel" disagreeing with his law enforcement brother, denim sleeveless jacket covered in buttons,  skinny jeans, arm sleeve tattoos, they even have the whole tagging / graffiti thing.  Essentially every single thing about him was a direct and obvious ploy to appeal to liberal tweens and young teens based solely on looks.  Far and away the most juvenile, forgettable and my least favorite character in the series.  I prefer to judge human game characters (and real people) based on their actions and reactions towards adversity and their situation, not be forcefed what is deemed "cool appearance" and "cool rebel attitude" Just my opinion.  His character did not have enough substance outside of what they were going for above and I lost interest, and it became really repetitive.  The actual gameplay and graphics were decent though.

Eh One can say you're thinking way too deeply about it but whatever. We all have our opinions. I think hes a great character.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Sucker Punch is so incredible that anything they do I'd be glad... inFAMOUS, Sly Cooper (very unlikely to happen) or a new franchise... i would just love to see what they have been baking for us...

But I think the most probable one is a new inFamous, and I just hope that they abuse the game they already made and are able to get more focused on making a better campaign, that lasts longer and with more core... And that they continue to bring us multiple characters to play (not only Delsin)

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

GribbleGrunger said:
starcraft said:
The Infamous games have gotten progressively worse. The latest one wasn't bad - but it was just a tad generic and the series is feeling tired, after an outstanding beginning.

Time for a new IP!

I agree. The problems with Infamous: Secon Son were magnified by all the pre-launch hype. We had interviews with the actors and developers telling us how the new motion capture techniques could pick up nuances of performances and we had a cast of great actors to go with that. If you're going to promote that kind of thing that heavily then your script and dialogue better deliver. It didn't. In fact it was puerile, vacuous and uninspired.  I know exactly at which point the game completely lost me. I actually put my controller down for a few minutes and thought 'this is very poor' (but in more colourful language). It was when Delcin's brother decided to become bait and started flapping his arms and saying 'I eat babies'. Add to this the uninspired locations and the uninspired enemies, and it all crumbled from that point on for me. I'd 'forgiven' it up to that point thinking it would perhaps improve ... but no, it continued to be the most uninteresting Infamous game I'd ever played. I gave it 5/10 on another forum and I stand by that score still, even after having time to reconsider and even having aknowledged the compat fluity had definitely improved.

A very poor game.

Look, I'd probably give it more than a 5, maybe a 7.

But Infamous has just never been a tier one game franchise.

The first game was really good, and then like all franchises it had two ways to go. It didn't fall off a cliff, but the second game was tangibly worse, and the third game tangibly worse again.

People like to throw out lists that go something like Uncharted, GT, GoW and Infamous. But at the end of the day the franchise just isn't up there. Short of the next iteration being amazingly good, I see the franchise taking a long, long break.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS