By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want Sucker Punch to make next?

They should make...

A new IP 78 43.82%

Sly Cooper 31 17.42%

InFamous 52 29.21%

Other 7 3.93%

See results 10 5.62%

Total:178

Yeah infamous second son really felt blank when compared to the first too.
I'm with the guy who said rpg earlier. We have so many conduits and powers id rather just have my own character with powers I'd like to play as. smoke sucked...

Around the Network
poklane said:
inFAMOUS 3 following inFAMOUS 2's Evil Ending.

This!!!

For me, a new IP. I think since Sucker Punch does such a great job with adventure games with RPG/Platform mechanics, they should try something new. I for one would love to see an open world TPS using those same elements. Not to the extent of Sunset Overdrive, but adding on the Sucker Punch gameplay mechanics to it, along with their great service of storytelling. Just focus on character development (I heard that it was lacking in said title), and that would be something people could invest in.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

grannamir said:
alternine said:
An official inFAMOUS 3 that ties Cole and Delsin together. That would be sick.

If you have played the Infamous series you know that is not possible for two reasons: 

===Warning Spoilers===

1- The Second Son history occurs several years after the second game. Delsin was a child when Cole was the Main character.

2- At the end, in the second game, Cole died. So is not possible for Delsin and Cole to meet.  

Actually it is possible considering the power kessler gains =P

edited to avoid spoiler, edited again to clarify.

Also they should throw in kat from gravity rush for good measure.

Blob said:
I'm with the guy who said rpg earlier. We have so many conduits and powers id rather just have my own character with powers I'd like to play as. smoke sucked...

Yeah, after all the cool stuff Cole had, its not as fun playing with delsin.

If you jumped on the train tracks, cole would start sliding, delsin does nothing. If there was a building too far to jump, you could use the grapple to get to it. With delsin you have to jump down, find vents then get back up. Melee also felt more satisfying with cole.

I'm about half way through the game though so im hoping theres still more powers i've got to unlock (I've already got fetch's, but they are not that great either)

Around the Network

infamous second son 2. i played like 4 hours of the first infamous, was shit so i didnt continue it. skipped IF2, was gonna skip ISS as well, but it looked so damn good, so i got it and my god was it awesome! so i want another one

fps_d0minat0r said:
Blob said:

Yeah, after all the cool stuff Cole had, its not as fun playing with delsin.

If you jumped on the train tracks, cole would start sliding, delsin does nothing. If there was a building too far to jump, you could use the grapple to get to it. With delsin you have to jump down, find vents then get back up. Melee also felt more satisfying with cole.

I'm about half way through the game though so im hoping theres still more powers i've got to unlock (I've already got fetch's, but they are not that great either)

You have to consider that Cole was the first guy (actually the second) to have that powers, he have way more time to develop his eletric powers.

Still to me Delsin is more powerfull because with his power he literally has no limits. Just imagine when he gets older...

New Sly Cooper. Second Son was a decent game but wow Delsin was one of the most annoying main characters ever in a game. If they were going for every cliche, hipster, bro generalization from the Pacific Northwest, specifically Seatlle, then I guess they nailed that, but I couldn't stand him as the lead. It was annoying enough to make it my least favorite Infamous game. Cole and his story were 100x more interesting.

soulfly666 said:
New Sly Cooper. Second Son was a decent game but wow Delsin was one of the most annoying main characters ever in a game. If they were going for every cliche, hipster, bro generalization from the Pacific Northwest, specifically Seatlle, then I guess they nailed that, but I couldn't stand him as the lead. It was annoying enough to make it my least favorite Infamous game. Cole and his story were 100x more interesting.

Never did understand the Delsin hate. Its like just because he wears a beanie hes automatically a hipster lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
soulfly666 said:

Never did understand the Delsin hate. Its like just because he wears a beanie hes automatically a hipster lol

Alright so maybe hipster is not the right word here, but have you ever been to Washington?  The way he talks, things he talks about, attitude, way he talks to his brother, the pigeonhole of his part as "the rebel" disagreeing with his law enforcement brother, denim sleeveless jacket covered in buttons,  skinny jeans, arm sleeve tattoos, they even have the whole tagging / graffiti thing.  Essentially every single thing about him was a direct and obvious ploy to appeal to liberal tweens and young teens based solely on looks.  Far and away the most juvenile, forgettable and my least favorite character in the series.  I prefer to judge human game characters (and real people) based on their actions and reactions towards adversity and their situation, not be forcefed what is deemed "cool appearance" and "cool rebel attitude" Just my opinion.  His character did not have enough substance outside of what they were going for above and I lost interest, and it became really repetitive.  The actual gameplay and graphics were decent though.