By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Angry Joe's Final Nintendo Rant! With FEELS

Nintendo's Youtube Policy is?

That is not cool, Nintendo. 322 64.02%

I stand with Nintendo. 127 25.25%

Poor Joe.. 54 10.74%

Total:503

Nintendo and Youtubers think this is about money because it is. However, Nintendo is at fault for wanting to make money on an automatic marketing campaign and this guy here is at fault because he clearly doesn't even like Nintendo enough to respect their policies.

Even if you do hate a company, their policies should at least be met with a certain level of respect. Then again, I know Nintendo could have handled this better. Then again, Nintendo videos usually get millions of hits with popular youtubers... It's a never ending cycle of madness.

I stand with Nintendo partially on this one because technically, it is their IP even if it is your video. Then again, I stand with youtubers because even if it is Nintendo's IP, it's their video. Man, this is tough.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Thats hilarious. Angry Joe has double the subscribers compared to Nintendo and Pew Die Pie's views are hilariously out of the stratusphere of Nintendo's reach. LOL Thats pretty bad, bro. Sorry to tell you but if you're going to talk down about them compared to Nintendo as far as Youtube presence that shows just how eager to defend Nintendo without caring about the truth. 

Lol, all the Nintendo stuff  on youtube together outperforms Angry Joe by a longshot. I'm a Nintendo fan and not even I am subscribed to their channel.

News flash, not a single youtube channel, that includes xbox and Sony, have as many subscribers or views as pewdiepie. 

So I guess everyone but pewdiepie is pretty bad now. ;)

You don't care about the truth as there's a lot of evidence out there that Nintendo reaches out to the youtube community.

I never said Nintendo is not reaching out the youtube community. They are looking for people in league with what they agree with. Im not running from any truth. They are control freaks.

I never said anyone but Pewdiepie is pretty bad, you're twisting my point, which is why I am ending this. Not very healthy at all so i'll end this here.

Great secondary product with the best first party in the biz. Talented but overbearing company, which limits their prospects and that will always be Nintendos issue outside of Youtube as well.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

1.Actually, he knew Youtubes policies, but not Nintendo's in the beginning. The second time was the final straw...there will not be a third. He tried to satisfy his Nintendo viewership and they have to understand that he will not bend to Nintendo's will. Sorry...he's beyond that. He didn't need them and still doesn't need them and of all the console makers they are the least popular right now and still more difficult to work with. Usually when people are at the bottom of the barrel they tend to open their minds so they can reach as many people as policy. Pride is one word that is very known about Nintendo, so leave them to it.

2. I never said Youtubers should be the end all be all of anything (obviously Youtube set perameters). Not at all and neither is Joe. He said he respects the fact that they have rules about Nintendo's system that they've put in place on Youtube (which is why he's walking away). The problem is that there is a reason why the other companies are not putting sanctions on content use with their brand and thats because the word of mouth IS helping them. Nintendo does not care about what helps or hurts which is why they've had issues with many for quite a while now. Its a historical fact.....and now the Youtubers are being awakened to something third parties had to deal with since the 80's.

1. You know what they say: fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. He was stupid in how he acted expecting he was above the consequences and he threw a fit. He has always had the ability to post the review content which he is known for, which he not once posted with Nintendo games. He just made a few stupid mistakes and threw up his hands and while that is well within his rights, he wont get any sympathy from me.

2. "My point is that Nintendo has done a good deal of work with Youtubers, and it is extremely ignorant to act like they do absolutely nothing but remove videos from the site..."

Ljink96 said:
Nintendo and Youtubers think this is about money because it is. However, Nintendo is at fault for wanting to make money on an automatic marketing campaign and this guy here is at fault because he clearly doesn't even like Nintendo enough to respect their policies.

Even if you do hate a company, their policies should at least be met with a certain level of respect. Then again, I know Nintendo could have handled this better. Then again, Nintendo videos usually get millions of hits with popular youtubers... It's a never ending cycle of madness.

I stand with Nintendo partially on this one because technically, it is their IP even if it is your video. Then again, I stand with youtubers because even if it is Nintendo's IP, it's their video. Man, this is tough.

He doesn't hate Nintendo. This is why he had to make a disclamer for the Nintendo fans, because he expected the obvious response.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ljink96 said:

He doesn't hate Nintendo. This is why he had to make a disclamer for the Nintendo fans, because he expected the obvious response.

The rehashing thing was overkill though. Everyone rehashes so it kinda seemed aimed in that regard. There was some anger behind that angry joe. It is quite stupid that you can't have any other game related to Sony/MS on your account. That's just evil. And people think we're gonna get more 3rd party characters for smash...pfft. As if.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The rehashing thing was overkill though. Everyone rehashes so it kinda seemed aimed in that regard. There was some anger behind that angry joe. It is quite stupid that you can't have any other game related to Sony/MS on your account. That's just evil. And people think we're gonna get more 3rd party characters for smash...pfft. As if.

When Joe feels passionately about things he tends to fight for it. With Nintendo, there really is no point, you kind of just have to ignore them (like third party). Nothing Nintendo did pissed him off as much as DRM with the Xbox though. He spoke to Major Nelson though and still had some issues but he applauded the gaming community from all sides for standing together against Microsofts DRM. I am not a fan of his skills as a console gamer, but much rather his entertainment value of his videos and commentary. I've noticed his flaws though, but Joe tends to force gamers to think critically about what it means to be a gamer opposed to a corporation. He questions the business models of companies like EA and microtransactions in games and many other things. It goes much deeper with Joe. Thats the thing about Youtube. The most charismatic and opinionated person tends to win out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ljink96 said:

He either hates Nintendo or he's a troll. He basically said Nintendo only rehashes the same games over and over again. Hard to take him serious after comments like that.

"I don't hate Nintendo, but I'm going to trash their games"

Sureeee... That's like saying "no offence" and then saying something very rude.

"This is the final Nintendo Angry Rant and the Final Nintendo Video on this channel. Tired of these guys claiming our videos as their own. While other companies are understanding how valuable the youtube gaming community is, Nintendo only see's free labor and dollar signs.

Because of that attitude, I wont be covering Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid and whatever 17th version of the same game Nintendo wants people to talk about on youtube until they pull their heads out of their asses and stop claiming videos."

There's no excuse for a comment like this. He lost any Nintendo fan he tried to pursuade by saying shit like that.

Its Nintendo...they do a lot of stupid shit.

Samus Aran said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He either hates Nintendo or he's a troll. He basically said Nintendo only rehashes the same games over and over again. Hard to take him serious after comments like that.

"I don't hate Nintendo, but I'm going to trash their games"

Sureeee... That's like saying "no offence" and then saying something very rude.

"This is the final Nintendo Angry Rant and the Final Nintendo Video on this channel. Tired of these guys claiming our videos as their own. While other companies are understanding how valuable the youtube gaming community is, Nintendo only see's free labor and dollar signs.

Because of that attitude, I wont be covering Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid and whatever 17th version of the same game Nintendo wants people to talk about on youtube until they pull their heads out of their asses and stop claiming videos."

There's no excuse for a comment like this. He lost any Nintendo fan he tried to pursuade by saying shit like that.

You're trashing Joe exponentially more than he's trashed Nintendo. This is why he made comments predicting Nintendo backlash from fans and quite frankly it needs to be said even though there are many Nintendo fans who are open minded to listen (and I am sure he's thankful for that).

He hasn't lost many fans, probably a few, but not many. Look at the poll on this page. Quite a few people have admitted that Nintendo's policy is crazy, but (much like joe said) its well within their rights. Obviously Joe isn't apart of their program and if he wants to pander to the Nintendo audience either he does it or shuts up. He's right about Nintendo though, they are overbearing. 

XanderXT said:
Aeolus451 said:

I never heard or read about anyone watching a youtube or let's play vid to watch the story of video game so they wouldn't have to buy it. You're grasping at straw with that post. If you can show some articles/proof, by all means.

Don't be ridiculous. There at thousands of people who do that. I do it for games my PC is too weak to play, or practicality every game after 2005.

ridiculous

• adj.adjective
    1. Deserving or inspiring ridicule; absurd, preposterous, or silly. 

I'm not being rediculous. Again, I never heard or read about people watching a youtube video or Let's play video just to watch the story of a game without having to buy the game. I believe that people might try to pirate the game so they can play it without having to play. In order for the story of a game to really have it's full effect on a person, they need to actually play it. Watching someone play a game is just like watching someone else having sex with a gorgeous woman. It's not the same as doing it yourself.