By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Angry Joe's Final Nintendo Rant! With FEELS

Nintendo's Youtube Policy is?

That is not cool, Nintendo. 322 64.02%

I stand with Nintendo. 127 25.25%

Poor Joe.. 54 10.74%

Total:503
RolStoppable said:
So is it true that Angry Joe's Wii U was bought for him by his fans?

Joe's fans crowd funded it, but he bought the rest of the materials for multiplayer gaming as well as games. They've (as well as Sony fans) been trying to get him to review non PC/Xbox games for some time now. This gen was going to be Nintendo and Sony's gen, but Nintendo isn't sitting down for Nintendo's whole ad revenue partnership.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Joe's fans crowd funded it, but he bought the rest of the materials for multiplayer gaming as well as games. They've (as well as Sony fans) been trying to get him to review non PC/Xbox games for some time now. This gen was going to be Nintendo and Sony's gen, but Nintendo isn't sitting down for Nintendo's whole ad revenue partnership.

Is your last sentence what you wanted to say or is there a mistake?

A mistake. I mean tot say that Joe isn't sitting down for Nintendo's whole ad revenue partnership because if I recollect, Nintendo tried to censor gamers on Youtube before (which gained a backlash), so this is obviously a restructuring of the plan to cut into ad revenue. Its smart because the people who don't bow down can will back off from showing Nintendo's product in public. They don't see it as free publicity as Pew Die Pie put it and that guy gets tons of games to show off to his millions upon millions of fans for companies.

Whole lot of bruhaha over nothing.

Nintendo sucks at marketing and they suck at developer relationships. They can't be expected to get things like Youtube marketing right, it's just not in their nature. It's like asking your obese friend to go run a marathon with you, they won't be able to do it.

The sooner you accept that the more you can enjoy Nintendo for what they are, which is a great 1st/2nd party publisher.

RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

A mistake. I mean tot say that Joe isn't sitting down for Nintendo's whole ad revenue partnership because if I recollect, Nintendo tried to censor gamers on Youtube before (which gained a backlash), so this is obviously a restructuring of the plan to cut into ad revenue. Its smart because the people who don't bow down can will back off from showing Nintendo's product in public. They don't see it as free publicity as Pew Die Pie put it and that guy gets tons of games to show off to his millions upon millions of fans for companies.

Okay.

Anyway, Angry Joe is a guy who didn't want to cover Nintendo products despite demand from his subscribers. So they got together and bought a Wii U for him and he accepted it. By doing that, he agreed to cover Nintendo from that point onwards. But the thing is that he actually didn't want to cover Nintendo stuff and just wanted a free Nintendo console, so now he is looking for a way out without looking like the bad guy.

Why is anyone siding with a scumbag that screwed over his own viewership? It doesn't matter what Nintendo's Youtube policies are, Angry Joe owes it to his subscribers to make videos of Nintendo content. And if he doesn't want to do that, he should have the decency to return the Wii U to his viewers by making it an item that can be won in a competition or just by plain luck.

Its not that he did not want to. Joe did not know how good Nintendo would be (just showing how underrated Nintendo games are). He mainly plays PC games and the only console he owned was a 360 last gen. Joe was about to 

Joe is known to call out companies for anti-consumer/youtuber policies and when he does it he tends not to play ball with the companies. He didn't screw over anyone. It doesn't take much to crowd fund him a Wii U and his fans more understand his issues.

Where Joe was f'n dumb was after knowing about what the partnership entailed and speaking out against it he tried to do it again. He either needs to bow down to Nintendo or shut up. Its as simple as that. He needed to stick to his guns and just ignore them just like third party, because we all know how they dont listen. Joe screwed up there.

Nuvendil said:
You know, someone needs to sue Nintendo. And I say that cause I like them, I really do. But some people only learn the hard way. So if a YouTuber does a review and gets a claim and has the means to drag the big N to court, please do. They need to learn their lesson and if the burnt hand is the only form of education they understand, so be it.

You seem to be operating under the misapprehension that to sue someone you just have to really feel that you're in the right. 

I agree on the issue. It's stupid nonsense and they're harming their business. But the law is on their side.

Around the Network

if the money was donated by the Nintendo fans, Joe should put Wii U reviews and subscribe under the Nintendo-Youtube policy. simple as is. Is it humanely correct - no because of Nintendo's greed, not about money, but to allow gamers to upload their videos with Nintendo content.

won't side Joe since he should know these policies in the first place. neither will side with Nintendo on that crap policy.

The joke is on those who sided with Nintendo regarding their policy. No one said Angry Joe was right to crowd fund his crap and break the policy on intention. But Regarding the policy itself, its stupid, considering Nintendo sucks at Marketing.

Regardless of whether of not AJ is in the right here, Nintendo's policy is simply moronic.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

This guy is a freaking genius. He makes idiots buy them the console, purposefully ignores nintendo's policy(everyone knows it, specially youtubbers) and gets a ton of clicks for ranting. It's a shame for nintendo to play this dumb role here, but all my props to them for trying to get their content free from these youtube idiots.

This is basically Nintendo fans who want Youtube content against Nintendo's YouTube policy and bunch of Nintendo fanboys. The only result from this policy is that Nintendo get less marketing and Nintendo fans won't get their content. This is the same situation as Valve fanboys defend Valve' bad refund policy because they have good sale. LOL! No one wins at the end.