By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

Samus Aran said:
kljesta64 said:

im curious what was the most frustrating part for you ..  for me it was the wall jump it took me forever to learn.

Maridia is awful.

yeah ultra frustrating but satisfying when completed ..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
I will be excited when I see it.

But I am hoping for either Kid Icarus Uprising 2 or Metroid Prime 4 or Metroid new series or Metroid 5.

Regardless of what Metroid, has to be 3D and like Halo; campaign and competitive online + local multiplayer.

No, Metroid shouldn't be anything like Halo...

Ugh. Mainstream Nintendo fans really dislike options and evolution.....

Metroid wouldn't cease to be Metroid by including online multiplayer. Zelda too, tbh. Uncharted did it. 

It won't be COD level. Just a little mode that keeps people coming back for more than just the main story.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Samus Aran said:

No, Metroid shouldn't be anything like Halo...

You clearly missed the point of Metroid if you think it should become a generic fps.

Roar_Of_War said:

Metroid wouldn't cease to be Metroid by including online multiplayer. Zelda too, tbh. Uncharted did it. 

It won't be COD level. Just a little mode that keeps people coming back for more than just the main story.

Playing the Prime games without the lock on button would feel awful. I shouldn't even have to explain this.

Metroid is about atmosphere, isolation, exploration, collecting powerups, backtracking. None of those things are in Halo.

You want to give Samus a rifle gun and ditch her arm cannon? Let's give her grenades as well while we're at it.

Around the Network

I hope itsa a new Metroid game so Other M can be forgotten once and for all.

Samus Aran said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

You clearly missed the point of Metroid if you think it should become a generic fps.

I wish you sincere luck in everything. You clearly miss the point by miles. NOTHING wrong with having a amazing Metroid-level or better Story single player mode and a few online modes.

Kid Icarus Uprising did it right. Addictive modes of 6 players, ffa and a unique 3 v 3. Of ocurse, more maps and a bit more modes would be best but that's on a 3DS. 

Metroid will never sell millions without having a secondary compettitive aspect to it.  Look at Pokemon, Smash, Mario Kart........very compettitive and Pokemon still has a campaign, Smash still has plenty of single player modes, and Mario Kart still has standard set Grand Prix's. What on earth is wrong with coming back to the game to have more fun? 

Samus Aran said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I really hate it when people beg Retro for a new Metroid game.

Good for you, but if you read my post you would see I'm not doing that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/695/f-zero-gx/

F-Zero doesn't deserve a sequel.

I don't want Retro making it either but that's a silly claim.

The last F-Zero game was a great game, even if sales weren't that great. The same can't be said for the last Metroid game which only sold twice what F-zero GX did on 5 times the install base with, I'm willing to bet, a significantly higher budget. We can't judge a franchise just off the most recent entry.

Nintendo's criteria for whether or not to make a sequel can't be purely based on sales because if that was the case many more franchises could justifiably be on the fiscal chopping block with those funds directed towards Nintendo's genuine blockbuster franchises. As the (almost) sole developer on their console Nintendo has a responsibility to deliver as diverse a library as possible, even if that means releasing games that don't see stellar sales.

Furthermore to suggest that 200cc in Mario Kart 8 should somehow supplant the desire for an F-Zero game is patently ridiculous.  You might as well argue that the need for a Metroid game should have been satisfied by the release of COD: Ghosts.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Samus Aran said:

I wish you sincere luck in everything. You clearly miss the point by miles. NOTHING wrong with having a amazing Metroid-level or better Story single player mode and a few online modes.

Kid Icarus Uprising did it right. Addictive modes of 6 players, ffa and a unique 3 v 3. Of ocurse, more maps and a bit more modes would be best but that's on a 3DS. 

Metroid will never sell millions without having a secondary compettitive aspect to it.  Look at Pokemon, Smash, Mario Kart........very compettitive and Pokemon still has a campaign, Smash still has plenty of single player modes, and Mario Kart still has standard set Grand Prix's. What on earth is wrong with coming back to the game to have more fun? 

You didn't ask for Metroid plus online, you asked for Metroid to be like Halo.

Metroid will never sell millions because it's not a mainstream game and online won't change that (look at Prime Hunters).

Kid Icarus Uprising didn't do anything right. They turned a Metroidvania game into a weird Japanese on-rails shooter with awkward controls.

hsrob said:
Samus Aran said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I really hate it when people beg Retro for a new Metroid game.

Good for you, but if you read my post you would see I'm not doing that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/695/f-zero-gx/

F-Zero doesn't deserve a sequel.

I don't want Retro making it either but that's a silly claim.

The last F-Zero game was a great game, even if sales weren't that great. The same can't be said for the last Metroid game which only sold twice what F-zero GX did on 5 times the install base with, I'm willing to bet, a significantly higher budget. We can't judge a franchise just off the most recent entry.

Nintendo's criteria for whether or not to make a sequel can't be purely based on sales because if that was the case many more franchises could justifiably be on the fiscal chopping block with those funds directed towards Nintendo's genuine blockbuster franchises. As the (almost) sole developer on their console Nintendo has a responsibility to deliver as diverse a library as possible, even if that means releasing games that don't see stellar sales.

Furthermore to suggest that 200cc in Mario Kart 8 should somehow supplant the desire for an F-Zero game is patently ridiculous.  You might as well argue that the need for a Metroid game should have been satisfied by the release of COD: Ghosts.

Metroid Prime sold 5 times as much on the same install base. ;)

F-Zero on the GBA sold 160k copies lol. Ten times less than Metroid: Fusion.

So the two latest F-Zero games bombed hard... You want to give it a third chance?