By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

Samus Aran said:
spemanig said:

Literally can't take the rest of what you say seriously if you'd seriously think I'm stupid enough to think you'd seriously have to clarify that with me. I respect your intelligence enough to not be redundant and dress my opinions in prefixes to they're easier to understand. I assume that you understand the difference between fact and opinion and are smart enough to destinquish between the two using clues of context, instead of requiring me to literally spell out "in my opinion" and "as a matter of fact." Respect mine enough to understand that I went to elementary school and learned what the word opinion mean and how to use them.

Obviously I know it's an opinion.

Then stop claiming it as a fact. Because Super Metroid was the only Metroid game bad enough for me that I didn't want to finish it.

i just played and beat super metroid for the first time its a great game but also damn frustrating at times ...

ot

first person metroid make it happen retro..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
thatguymarco said:
New Metroid, or a new, inspired IP, and I'm happy.

I'd like to see them make an open world action rpg set in a fantasy past.

Now, that sounds cool, though, it could really pass off as a generic WRPG to a lot of people with that specific setting, but maybe that's something that Ninty needs right now, more West.

I'm now filled with determination.

kljesta64 said:
Samus Aran said:

Then stop claiming it as a fact. Because Super Metroid was the only Metroid game bad enough for me that I didn't want to finish it.

i just played and beat super metroid for the first time its a great game but also damn frustrating at times ...

ot

The music is great, atmosphere is good for a SNES game and it has a great ending. But yeah, I found it too frustrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQ5f4L5n04

This is my favorite Metroid song.

MohammadBadir said:

"Retro hasn't made a Metroid better than Super. Not even close. Not even Prime 1."

Does that look like a fact to you? No? Good, because it didn't look like one to me either when I wrote it.

ok super metroid is considered one of the greatest games of all time, and f-zero gx is probably the most intense racers ever created. just because gcn owners couldnt handle it doesnt mean it shouldn get a sequel. look at bloodbourne and dark souls the hardest games ever and they sold millions. fzero should get another shot and maybe target it to a better audience.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
kljesta64 said:

ot

The music is great, atmosphere is good for a SNES game and it has a great ending. But yeah, I found it too frustrating.

im curious what was the most frustrating part for you ..  for me it was the wall jump it took me forever to learn.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
Samus Aran said:

im curious what was the most frustrating part for you ..  for me it was the wall jump it took me forever to learn.

Maridia is awful.

I will be excited when I see it.

But I am hoping for either Kid Icarus Uprising 2 or Metroid Prime 4 or Metroid new series or Metroid 5.

Regardless of what Metroid, has to be 3D and like Halo; campaign and competitive online + local multiplayer.

Samus Aran said:
thatguymarco said:
New Metroid, or a new, inspired IP, and I'm happy.

I'd like to see them make an open world action rpg set in a fantasy past.

so basically a revival of Raven Blade.

WhiteEaglePL said:
I will be excited when I see it.

But I am hoping for either Kid Icarus Uprising 2 or Metroid Prime 4 or Metroid new series or Metroid 5.

Regardless of what Metroid, has to be 3D and like Halo; campaign and competitive online + local multiplayer.

No, Metroid shouldn't be anything like Halo...