By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

Wait for the people claiming it will be a launch title for NX this holiday.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
tbone51 said:

No offense but your comment sounds very selfish, we got 2 metroid HC games a trilogy and 1 HH game last gen. Star fox got 1 HH and 1 Port. F Zero nothing at all last gen

It's not selfish, F-Zero got its chance and blew it. There's a reason why no more games are being made for it.

Why are you counting the Metroid Prime Trilogy and ignoring the fact that Star Fox got 2 GC games? A DS game? A Wii U game (that is obviously being made by a Japanese studio)? A 3DS remake?

Metroid Other M blew it.... So no more Metroid right?

As for star fox, i didnt add metroid had 2 extra HC games and 2 HHs since your adding GCN/GBA era.

New Metroid, or a new, inspired IP, and I'm happy.

I'm now filled with determination.

tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

It's not selfish, F-Zero got its chance and blew it. There's a reason why no more games are being made for it.

Why are you counting the Metroid Prime Trilogy and ignoring the fact that Star Fox got 2 GC games? A DS game? A Wii U game (that is obviously being made by a Japanese studio)? A 3DS remake?

Metroid Other M blew it.... So no more Metroid right?

As for star fox, i didnt add metroid had 2 extra HC games and 2 HHs since your adding GCN/GBA era.

Metroid Other M sold more than twice as much as GX. And that's a game everyone hates. GX is often called the best in the franchise.

Like I said, there have been 7 Metroid games and 5 Star Fox games since the GC era. Wow, big difference.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

You do realize that claiming Super Metroid as the best Metroid is just an opinion right?

Literally can't take the rest of what you say seriously if you'd seriously think I'm stupid enough to think you'd seriously have to clarify that with me. I respect your intelligence enough to not be redundant and dress my opinions in prefixes to they're easier to understand. I assume that you understand the difference between fact and opinion and are smart enough to destinquish between the two using clues of context, instead of requiring me to literally spell out "in my opinion" and "as a matter of fact." Respect mine enough to understand that I went to elementary school and learned what the word opinion mean and how to use them.

Obviously I know it's an opinion.

Then stop claiming it as a fact. Because Super Metroid was the only Metroid game bad enough for me that I didn't want to finish it.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Then stop claiming it as a fact. Because Super Metroid was the only Metroid game bad enough for me that I didn't want to finish it.

Not saying "in my opinion" =/= claiming as fact.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Not saying "in my opinion" =/= claiming as fact.

You sure presented Retro not making a Metroid better than Super as if it was a fact, though.

MohammadBadir said:

You sure presented Retro not making a Metroid better than Super as if it was a fact, though.

No, I didn't.

spemanig said:
MohammadBadir said:

No, I didn't.

"Retro hasn't made a Metroid better than Super. Not even close. Not even Prime 1."

thatguymarco said:
New Metroid, or a new, inspired IP, and I'm happy.

I'd like to see them make an open world action rpg set in a fantasy past.