By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

Well, that could be something to carry the device through 2016 if need be.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Samus Aran said:
No, no, everyone knows Wii U is doomed, so it's NX and it's not on a new engine as they're making DKC again.

Did I get the forum opinion right?

No reason to think that this is not correct.

Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:
No, no, everyone knows Wii U is doomed, so it's NX and it's not on a new engine as they're making DKC again.

it's funny because I see a lot of great announcements for the wii u! so doomed or not, the future is bright at least until the end of 2016!

onionberry said:
Lawlight said:

it's funny because I see a lot of great announcements for the wii u! so doomed or not, the future is bright at least until the end of 2016!

What announcements? And 2016 is a very short term future.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
fory77 said:
I'm calling it now- F-Zero...

I really hate it when people beg Retro for F-Zero or Star Fox.

You got an F-Zero track in MK8 and they announced 200CC for it as well.

Is F-Zero and Star Fox all you people think about?

I'm hoping a new IP, Metroid or 3D DK platformer. An action RPG of Fire Emblem would be sweet.

But please don't put a team that is well known for exploration based games (yes even DKC: TF) on a racer that will sell 500k copies at best.

I really hate it when people beg Retro for a new Metroid game.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Samus Aran said:

I really hate it when people beg Retro for F-Zero or Star Fox.

You got an F-Zero track in MK8 and they announced 200CC for it as well.

Is F-Zero and Star Fox all you people think about?

I'm hoping a new IP, Metroid or 3D DK platformer. An action RPG of Fire Emblem would be sweet.

But please don't put a team that is well known for exploration based games (yes even DKC: TF) on a racer that will sell 500k copies at best.

I really hate it when people beg Retro for a new Metroid game.

Good for you, but if you read my post you would see I'm not doing that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/695/f-zero-gx/

F-Zero doesn't deserve a sequel.

Lawlight said:
onionberry said:

What announcements? And 2016 is a very short term future.

Here's the thing, I enjoy my console and I'm excited to play games lik Mario maker, splatoon, yoshi's wolly world, fatal frame, Devil's third, Rodea the sky soldier, Xenoblade chronicles x, SMTXFE, zelda wii u. (unannounced stuff) plus all the games that I have. so doomed or not, it's great that Nintendo is providing exclusive content to keep the console alive at least for 4 years.

Hopefully not the rumored Diddy Kong Racing. They are too good to be wasted on a racing-game, that includes F-Zero which is probably Nintendo's worst franchise

Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:

"but it's a Wii U game with a new engine." - Original Post