By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantum Break delay shows a clear problem in the industry

Its a strategy to get preorders, announce a date, get some preorders because of hype, delay, get more preorders close to release, delay again then release.

Around the Network

The MS strategy was something that was quite obvious. They were getting hammered by Sony's Pr and after the TV TV debacle, they went for a "Games, Games and more Games" strategy to show that they had games in production.

*BUT* the problem was that a number of the games were no way ready to be announced. I mean they talked about Gears before the game had even got off the ground.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

JEMC said:
Goatseye said:

Fable troubled? Nah, that game has been in closed beta for almost 6 months.

It's mostly a mp game, it's not a full fledged Fable.

Exactly, it's more like an mmo than a regular Fable game, and a lot of Fable fans don't care for it.

If there is a game that has the biggest chance of being overlooked and flop in sales, that one is Fable Legends. Therefore, launching it on a less crowded month would be a better idea.

It's a Free to play, cross-play game between PC and X1. You think that's gonna flop?

The gameplay looks enticing enough for me to download it.

Goatseye said:
JEMC said:
Goatseye said:

Fable troubled? Nah, that game has been in closed beta for almost 6 months.

It's mostly a mp game, it's not a full fledged Fable.

Exactly, it's more like an mmo than a regular Fable game, and a lot of Fable fans don't care for it.

If there is a game that has the biggest chance of being overlooked and flop in sales, that one is Fable Legends. Therefore, launching it on a less crowded month would be a better idea.

It's a Free to play, cross-play game between PC and X1. You think that's gonna flop?

Yes i think it will flop.

Madword said:
Goatseye said:
JEMC said:

Yes i think it will flop.

Me too.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Well, I think it won't.

Oh dear, you are really not going to be happy when you learn that Remedy's other major game Alan Wake was announced in 2005 and didn't come out till 2010.

Games are like Chef Ramey's food, nobody wants to eat Raw Pork, wait until it's ready, with the proper side dishes and a heated plate before you serve it.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Goatseye said:
Well, I think it won't.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, that's good :)

My issue with Fable is that it's best feature is that it's a single player game open worldish RPG. Making it into some F2P Left4Dead/Evolve game is just not whats needed. I think it's just not what the fans of fable want, and thats the problem, I dont believe that people who like fable will be interested in this game. I think the last fable game (sorry cannot remember its name) also failed because it was "lets make an on the rails game with kinect", which again no Fable Fan would ever would have asked for.

This game will sink unfortunately, and I feel sorry for the people making it, because it's obvious to me that this isnt what the franchise needed. Hope I am wrong, just dont think i am.

Games take time just accept it. Developers think they will be done on a date but then relies there is more work to be done. This is why they tell you about a release window and then delay the game

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Mr.Playstation said:
Blame it on The last Guardian. Anyways games take time to make, better this then in the days of the Atari when everyone was rushing to release games.

Final Fantasy XV set the bar for unrealistic goals for development time. That game was released back in 2006. Three years before the Last Guardian. It would be one of the first games i've ever seen to launch a decade after it was announced. The amount of money Square had to have lost making that game is unfathomable to even me.