By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantum Break delay shows a clear problem in the industry

Arcturus said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
My mistake, a 2014 release window was never officially confirmed.

I do still have a grievance with announcing games 3 years before they come out (Watch Dogs got slack for announcing the game 2 years before launch)

Yeah, I find it irritating when games are announced long before they are set for release. I tend to lose interest if the window between announcement and release is too long.

This tends to happen a lot more often when new consoles are being released. Companies want to show potential buyers all the new and exciting games coming down the pipe, even if they are 2-3 years away from release.

Or you can have the Last Guardian effect and gain hype by NOT talking about it..  

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Maraccuda said:
These delays occur because the games themselves take a lot of effort and time to make.
Dont blame the industry, blame the gamers wanting better graphics.

To make AAA games today takes a lot longer than ever before. And modern gamers really only care about graphics sadly.

And now we can prove this given a consumer poll showing that the main reason PS4 was chosen was because of resolution. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/study-people-buy-ps4-for-graphics-xbox-one-for-bra/1100-6425537/

Ive seen that before and it just further proves my reason why the PS4 is selling so well, but that is a different matter altogether.

Delays just suck in general and sadly this gen will be full of them. I dread next gens delay too.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

When triple A studios begin to make stylized 3D platformers, this industry will change. Mark my words.

Goatseye said:
When triple A studios begin to make stylized 3D platformers, this industry will change. Mark my words.

Well Insomniac are making a new Ratchet and Clank game. Although it's a re-imagining but will hopefully still be a pretty and colourful 3D platformer.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Yeah, I agree that some games get revealed too early and that this is not good. But in the case of Quantum Break there is one external factor that could have delayed the game, and that is the TV show.

Remember that this game was supposed to go along a TV show where the game showed one part of the story while the TV show did the same for the other side. But since MSoft closed/sold its Entertainment Studios, the series could have been scrapped and that in turn forced Remedy to incorporate the TV part of the story into the game, having to stop development until they knew how to do it.

That is, of course, if the TV show has been canned, because it could also be that the show is still a reality and that it's simply behind schedule, forcing the game to be delayed too.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I think the only reason why it was delayed is becuase X1 has everything coming out in 2-3 months. then the rest of the year it really has nothing.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Goatseye said:

What you mean?

The delay has been expected for a while. There was no way MS was going to launch QB in such an already packed release window.

JEMC said:

Yeah, I agree that some games get revealed too early and that this is not good. But in the case of Quantum Break there is one external factor that could have delayed the game, and that is the TV show.

Remember that this game was supposed to go along a TV show where the game showed one part of the story while the TV show did the same for the other side. But since MSoft closed/sold its Entertainment Studios, the series could have been scrapped and that in turn forced Remedy to incorporate the TV part of the story into the game, having to stop development until they knew how to do it.

That is, of course, if the TV show has been canned, because it could also be that the show is still a reality and that it's simply behind schedule, forcing the game to be delayed too.

TV show probably got done in 2014. That's not the problem.

Remedy is a small but ambitious studio. Whatever they do is grand and it takes time to complete, they never make a game with standard gameplay.

Goatseye said:
JEMC said:

TV show probably got done in 2014. That's not the problem.

Remedy is a small but ambitious studio. Whatever they do is grand and it takes time to complete, they never make a game with standard gameplay.

True.

They had a lot of problems with Alan Wake because they wanted to make it an open world game, it wouldn't be surprising if they are having issues now with all the time manipulation "thingy".

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.