By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantum Break delay shows a clear problem in the industry

ArchangelMadzz said:

We've known about Quantum Break for a long time now, it was revealed way back when the Xbox One was an Always Online DRM box.

Now we all knew it was going to be delayed but it really makes you wonder whether Devs/Publishers announce release windows/dates for games they know full well wont make it. 

I just don't see how you can reveal a game mid 2013 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPBrEd3Y0iM) Slated for a Holiday 2014 release, then a year later delay it to 2015 (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/quantum-break-release-date-slips-to-2015 ) and now almost ANOTHER year later delay it to 2016 (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-s-quantum-break-delayed/1100-6426350/ )

I have no problem with delays they're good, never release a broken game, but do not announce a release date that you know it's not going to make, unless you believe they're management is so poor they had no idea the game would be delayed by 5 Quarters.

Can I just reiterate this? It seems people missed it.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Do you remember how long Alan Wake took to be released and how many delays it had?

It was obvious it wouldn't come this year.

Madword said:
Goatseye said:
Well, I think it won't.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, that's good :)

My issue with Fable is that it's best feature is that it's a single player game open worldish RPG. Making it into some F2P Left4Dead/Evolve game is just not whats needed. I think it's just not what the fans of fable want, and thats the problem, I dont believe that people who like fable will be interested in this game. I think the last fable game (sorry cannot remember its name) also failed because it was "lets make an on the rails game with kinect", which again no Fable Fan would ever would have asked for.

This game will sink unfortunately, and I feel sorry for the people making it, because it's obvious to me that this isnt what the franchise needed. Hope I am wrong, just dont think i am.

What the franchise needs is sales and more notoriety. Until Fable Legends comes out, we can't tell it's fate.

*shrug*

Alan Wake

Announced in 2005

Released in 2010

Quantum Break

Announced in 2013

TBA in 2016

Sounds like an improvement :D

I do agree some games are announced too early though.

Goatseye said:
Madword said:
Goatseye said:
Well, I think it won't.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, that's good :)

My issue with Fable is that it's best feature is that it's a single player game open worldish RPG. Making it into some F2P Left4Dead/Evolve game is just not whats needed. I think it's just not what the fans of fable want, and thats the problem, I dont believe that people who like fable will be interested in this game. I think the last fable game (sorry cannot remember its name) also failed because it was "lets make an on the rails game with kinect", which again no Fable Fan would ever would have asked for.

This game will sink unfortunately, and I feel sorry for the people making it, because it's obvious to me that this isnt what the franchise needed. Hope I am wrong, just dont think i am.

What the franchise needs is sales and more notoriety. Until Fable Legends comes out, we can't tell it's fate.

We cant tell its fate, but this is a gaming website where we discuss things that havent happened yet. But I am pretty confident its going to do poorly.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!